Motorola aka Moto is now rolling out Android Pie 9.0 stable update for the Moto G6 Plus. Here’s the step by step detailed guide to download and manually install Moto G6 Plus Android Pie update. This is an OTA update, so you can easily update your phone.
Moto starts rolling out the update and has already accessible by the users in some countries, very soon It will be also available in India. Android Pie update for Moto G6 Plus, was expected to be rolled out in Q1 of 2019. And it arrives much sooner than the expected. So, Let’s take a look at Changelog for Moto G6 Plus Android Pie Update.
Android Pie Update for Moto G6 Plus – Changelog
Android Pie is one of the biggest updates for the smartphones, and the major reason is the latest version of Android. Updating the phone with the latest software version will enhance performance and also updates the security patches.
According to the Release Notes shared by Moto, the Android Pie update comes with:
- Android Pie 9.0
- The update comes with the new Intuitive Navigation and Recent App
- An improved Do Not Disturb mode and a colourful settings menu, to anticipated longer battery life and revamped split screen.
- Android Pie also brings a redesigned Quick Settings, simplified volume controls, an easier way to manage notifications and more.
- Adaptive brightness: fewer manual adjustments to perform better.
- Adaptive battery: Go longer with a single charge. It prioritizes battery power on the apps you use the most and applies restrictions on the ones you use the least.
- New and updated emoji: 157 new emojis, as well as a gender-neutral concept.
- Settings icon while on PIP mode: tapping the new settings icon brings you to the app’s PiP
settings, where you can enable or disable the feature.
- Zoom into a text, Improved audio controls, better screenshots, Redesigned settings app, Dual SIM settings, Rotation key, and some more changes.
- Notification UI changes: notifications now have rounded corners.
- Dismissing notifications: Android Pie will now suggest a couple of actions to you for the type of notifications you usually dismiss.
- Maximum number of visible notifications is set to 4.
- Performance improvements: applications will launch faster and use less memory, gaining performance and efficiency improvements.
- Power efficiency: refinements to Doze, App Standby, and Background Limits to improve battery life.
- Background App privacy: the system restricts access to the phone’s microphone, camera and other sensors (other than GPS).
- Wi-Fi optimization: Wi-Fi hotspot goes OFF in case of no connection.
- Stability improvements: includes changes that fix bugs and improve the stability of your phone.
- Security enhancements: an alert tone will be heard when a call is being recorded to all parties.
- Data encryption: Android Pie will now perform client-side data encryption and/or
decryption on the user’s phone: authentication is required (password, PIN, pattern), plus Google backs up all information to the cloud and hacker attacks become much more difficult.
- DNS over TLS support: it creates a secure connection to the DNS server before DNS
queries and responses happen.
- HTTPs by default: all applications built for Android Pie onwards will send and receive data via HTTPS by default, ensuring your data is better protected as you communicate with the app’s servers, especially public Wi-Fi.
As the new update comes with various new features, like the all-new Android Pie OS with changed UI, digital wellbeing, adaptive brightness, google camera, adaptive battery and more. So, update your Moto G6 Plus to Android Pie update now.
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures you can recover it.
How to Install Moto G6 Plus Android Pie Update
- At first, Open the device settings
- Click on System
- Head over to System Updates
- Tap on Download and Install
- It will start downloading the firmware
- Now click on Restart Now
- That’s it
The new Android Pie stable update on Moto G6 Plus has arrived via OTA (over-the-air) update. OTAs will take some time to hit every single device, so if you haven’t received the update till yet then you can wait for some time.
You May Also Like – How to Get Digital Wellbeing on Android Pie Phones
Now your phone is running on Android Pie 9.0 (stock). If you’ve any query, drop a comment in comment box.
If you love the article, share with your friends.