The first batch of MIUI 11 beta update is available for all the supported Xiaomi phones such as Redmi K20 Pro, Redmi K20, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Note 7, Mi 9, Mi 8 and more. The full list of supported Xiaomi phones is listed below. If your device is in the list, then you can install MIUI 11 Beta ROM on your Xiaomi phone. Here in this article, you can Download MIUI 11 Beta ROM for Xiaomi Smartphones with installation guide.
MIUI 11 is the major upgrade over last year Xiaomi’s own UI MIUI 10. The latest MIUI 11 packs with a lot of new features and bunch of enhancement in the user interface. All these enhancements make the MIUI 11 faster and smoother. Xiaomi still has to introduce the MIUI 11 globally, but for now, it is available in china for beta testing. The MIUI 11 public beta Chinese version is also set to release on 27 September. The only difference you will see between public beta and closed beta is that with the Public Beta, you will get regular OTA updates. Whereas with the closed beta you need to download the ROM and install it manually.
MIUI 11 comes with a bunch of new features which are optimised according to users. Here you will get to know about all of its significant features. But before that check out the list of Xiaomi phones eligible for MIUI 11 update.
Supported Xiaomi Phones
- Xiaomi Mi 9
- Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
- Xiaomi Mi 8
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite
- Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
- Xiaomi Mi 6
- Xiaomi Mi 6X
- Xiaomi Mi 5s
- Xiaomi Mi 5X
- Xiaomi Mi Max 3
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
- Xiaomi Redmi 6
- Xiaomi Redmi 6A
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
- Xiaomi Redmi 5
- Xiaomi Redmi 4/4X
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Lite
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4/4X
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
- Xiaomi Redmi K20
Also Check: 10 Best MIUI Themes That Look Amazing 
MIUI 11 – Features
Enhanced UI – The user interface on MIUI 11 looks clean and interactive. In Settings, it has now spaces between options which makes the user to read the text easily. Also the icons and options look revamped and looks more like a Xiaomi.eu ROM. The tile based interface is added in Settings for easier navigation and control.
New Stock Wallpapers – MIUI 11 also comes with many dynamic and simple wallpapers which looks great on an HD display. Now you don’t need to download wallpapers from any App, browse through internal stock wallpapers and use it.
Always on Display – In MIUI 11 the new AOD (always on display) feature is available for Xiaomi phones with AMOLED display. This feature is limited to devices with AMOLED display such as Redmi K20 & Redmi K20 Pro.
New System Font – New font is used in the MIUI 11, which looks cool and stylish. Also, there are few new Fonts in MIUI 11 that you can apply to change the font.
These are a few features, and there are a lot more features which you will get to know by reading the changelogs (You can find it below).
Note: Till now Xiaomi have not released the Global Beta version, instead it is the chinese beta build which does not have Google apps pre-installed by default. But you can install it manually. Also we will update the link with global beta link when it will be avialble.
Download MIUI 11 Beta ROMs (Chinese Builds)
After downloading the MIUI 11 Beta ROM for your Xiaomi phone, you need to install it. The installation method is not easy, so you might need the step by step guide. And since you don’t have to search for the installation method, we have it for you here in this guide itself. So follow the guide and enjoy MIUI 11 on your phone. Also, make sure to follow prerequisites.
- Bootloader should be unlocked
- Download MIUI 11 Beta ROM for your phone
- A Custom Recovery should be installed (Eg. TWRP)
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
You May Also Like | How to Apply Third Party Themes on MIUI 9 & MIUI 10
How to Install MIUI 11 Beta on Xiaomi Phones
Step 1) Transfer the downloaded MIUI 11 Beta ROM on your phone storage.
Step 2) Switch off your phone. Press & Hold Volume Up + Power button together and release both buttons when you see custom recovery sign.
Step 3) In TWRP or another custom recovery go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Select Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, Data, System, Vendor and swipe to Wipe.
Step 4) After a successful wipe, Go to Install and browse the MIUI 11 Beta ROM. Swipe to flash the ROM.
Step 5) After installing the MIUI 11 Beta ROM, click on Reboot System. Your phone will now reboot, it can take time on first boot so wait for the booting process.
Step 6) After booting Set up your device and enjoy.
So this is an easy guide to install MIUI 11 Beta ROM on Xiaomi phone. Now you can experience the MIUI 11 before the official stable release. As this is the beta build you may notice some minor bugs so make sure to update to the latest available version for a stable experience.
And as we promised above to share full MIUI 11 changelog, so here are all the changelogs of MIUI 11.
Also Check | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Redmi Note 7 & 7 Pro
MIUI 11 – Changelog
- Attention – Empowering the productive
- Comprehensive design optimized for fullscreen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content.
- Beauty starts with text. Our fonts matured.
- Now text looks gorgeous in all languages.
- Now, font weight can be adjusted automatically depending on the text.
- Ambient display
- Ambient display now comes with gorgeous dynamic themes.
- Essential information is displayed on your screen 24/7.
- Personalize your device with a unique signature.
- Keep your screen alive with our amazing special effects.
- Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones.
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Mi Share
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds.
- Mi Share works both on phones and computers.
- Preview your documents before you open them.
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer.
- MIUI allows you to cast videos, games, documents, and apps to more than 300 TV models directly from your phone.
- MIUI’s casting functionality allows you to hide personal items to keep all sensitive things private.
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- Plan your trips with MIUI: add your flight or train tickets, learn about the weather at your destination, get local mobile data, view the currency exchange rates, or contact your consulate abroad.
- Ultra battery saver
- Use this feature to challenge your device to a whole day on just 5% of the battery.
- More features
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Kid space. Create a safe digital environment for your kids.
- Family guard. Control connected devices to help your friends and family.
- Screen time. View stats and manage your time more efficiently.
- Emergency SOS. Rapidly press the Power button 5 times to send an SOS message to your emergency contacts.
- Earthquake warnings. Stay safe and informed in case of an earthquake.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Themes. Lots of free resources to make your device truly unique.
- Mi Community. Get the latest news from Xiaomi, test new features, and participate in our events.
- Autofill passwords. Store passwords on your device and use them whenever you need them.
- Calendar. All your events in one place.
- Mi AI 3.0. All-new. Much more powerful.
- Security. Safeguard and optimize your device.
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
After experiencing the MIUI 11, let us know how you rate the ROM out of 10. Keep trying new ROMs.