Xiaomi Redmi Y2 is a great budget Android phone and in regions, it is known as Redmi S2. Redmi Y2/S2 is running on the Android 8 Oreo-based operating system. Xiaomi has announced that it will release the Android Pie update for Redmi Y2/S2 in June of this year. And currently, Xiaomi has released MIUI 10.3.1 for Redmi Y2. Here you can download & Install Redmi Y2/S2 MIUI 10.3.1.0 Global Stable Update.
It is a stable MIUI 10.3.1.0 update based on Android Oreo which is being delivered to all the devices in batches. Xiaomi has already updated official ROM page with the latest update. This is good for those who haven’t received the MIUI 10.3.1 Stable update on Redmi Y2/S2 then you can follow this guide to instantly get the update.
Also Check: How to Root any Android Oreo Smartphone [Guide]
The OTA update of MIUI 10.3.1.0OEFMIXM is about 300 MB. And the full ROM or package of the same MIUI 10.3.1.0 update is around 1.3 GB. The update comes with the latest April security patch along with optimization and bug fixes. Look at the Changelogs of the update below.
Redmi Y2 MIUI 10.3.1.0 Update – Changelog
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to April 2019. Increased system security.
- Fix: Ending calls took longer time than expected
- Fix: Status bar shortcut and floating notification for calls appeared at the same time
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: You can restrict opening Notification shade on the Lock screen now
- Fix: Low battery warning didn’t appear in landscape mode
- Fix: Call time bubble overlapped with notification icons
- Home screen
- Fix: Notification badges were displayed incorrectly on the WhatsApp icon
- Optimization: App names were truncated when texts size was set to large
- Game speed booster
- New: Floating windows for incoming calls during games
- Mi Cloud
- Optimization: We redesigned Mi Cloud’s start page. It looks much better now
Download Xiaomi Redmi Y2 MIUI 10.3.1.0 Update
MIUI 10.3.1.0 is already rolled out on many devices and soon it will be available for all devices. But if you want to instantly update your Redmi Y2 to MIUI 10.3.1.0 Global stable update then you can download the full ROM from here. Before you download the full ROM first go to Settings and manually search for the update. And if the updater shows no update the download the ROM and follows the installation instructions.
After downloading the file transfer the zip file to the phone storage. Once it is done you are ready to install the update on your devices.
How to Install MIUI 10.3.1.0 Stable ROM on Redmi Y2/S2
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Transfer Zip file (ROM) is in Phone Storage
- Take a full backup of your phone
Steps to Install MIUI 10.3.1 on Redmi Y2/S2
- Download the ROM and transfer it to the folder “downloaded_rom” in the Internal storage (Internal Storage > downloaded_rom > your zip file).
- Open settings on your phone.
- Go to About Phone > System Update.
- In System update click on three dots on the top right and select Choose update package.
- Locate and select the zip file (ROM).
- After selecting the MIUI 10.3.1 update will install on your phone. So wait for it and enjoy the new MIUI 10.3.1 update on Redmi Y2/S2.
So this is how you can quickly update your Redmi Y2 to MIUI 10.3.1.0. You can also follow the same procedure to install the further update. And remember the Android Pie update for Redmi Y2/S2 is coming in June this year. I hope you have successfully updated your Redmi Y2/S2 to MIUI 10.3.1.
You May Also Like: Download Google Camera 6.1 for Android Oreo 8.0 Ported from Pixel 3
If you go through any error between the process then let us know in the comment section. We will reply with the solution.
More Related Articles: