HDM Global is now rolling out Android Pie update for Nokia 5, much sooner than we expected. Just a few days ago, the company has unveiled the Android Pie update roadmap. Here’s step by step guide to download & install Nokia 5 Android Pie 9.0, with the help of OTA update.
Nokia has already released Android Pie update for Nokia 8 Sirocco/Nokia 8, Nokia 7/7 Plus, and Nokia 6.1 Plus. The new OEM is quickly gettings released by the HMD Global to the Nokia phones. Also, Nokia will release the Oreo update for Nokia 2.1. It’s been two years when it was launched and it first came with Android Nougat 7.0. The update comes with the latest security patch update. The Android Pie update for Nokia 5 comes with a build number of V6.12E and it is around 1.6GB in size.
It brings many useful updates with Android Pie, like, digital wellbeing, adaptive brightness, adaptive battery management, UI changes, new Camera app UI, navigation gestures, stability improvements, and much more. You can now change the Google search bar position from the home screen. So, Update your Nokia 5 to Android Pie 9.0 [Now].
- Make sure to charge your phone more than 50%
- Take a backup, in case of failures you can restore your data
How to Install Android Pie Update on Nokia 5
The Android Pie 9.0 update starts rolling out via OTA (over-the-air) update. It takes time to hit every single device if you haven’t received the notification yet. You can wait for some time. After receiving the notification, you can follow these steps to update your Nokia 5 to Android Pie (on-the-top).
- At first, Open the device settings
- Click on System
- Head over to System Updates
- Tap on Download and Install
- It will start downloading the firmware
- Now click on Restart Now
- That’s it
How to Install Nokia 5 Android Pie Update Manually
At first, Download the OTA file of Android Pie update, provided by majason (XDA-developer member). After downloading the OTA file follow these steps:
- Download OTA ZIP – 36779764279b6751959cc6709d7d16a1ed7ed1f7.zip
Steps to Update Nokia 5 Android Pie:
- First, Download the OTA.
- Copy the OTA file in your phone, by connecting it to PC.
- Make sure to place the file in internal storage.
- After this, Power off your device.
- Go to Recovery mode, by pressing and hold the Power Button and Volume Up simultaneously.
- After this once again press the Power Button and Volume Up for diving to the stock recovery.
- Now, scroll down using the volume down button and head over to Apply Update from SD Card by pressing Power Button.
- Then, give the OTA file, you’ve pasted in your Nokia 5.
- That’s it
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 6.1 for Nokia 6.1 Plus/5.1
If you’re facing any error, you can comment in the comment box. Also, Share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Best Nokia 5.1 Plus Cases & Covers
- Download Google USB Drivers
- How to Get Digital Wellbeing on Android Pie