Motorola released a new OTA update for the Moto Z3. This is the official Android Pie 9.0 update with an updated security patch. The update brought 5G support through 5G Moto Mod. And Here’s the step by step detailed guide to download and manually install Moto Z3 Android Pie update. This is an OTA update, so you can easily update your phone.
Motorola aka Moto starts rolling out the update and has already accessible by the users. This is a big update, you can now access the 5G on your Moto Z3 with Moto Mod. It also brought the new settings app UI, other UI changes, stability improvements and more. And if you haven’t received the update, you can download & install the Android 9.0 Pie update for Moto Z3.
Android Pie Changelog for Moto Z3
The Android 9.0 Pie update is a big update for Moto Z3, which comes with a lot of new features and stability improvements. This will also update your phone to latest January 2019 security patch.
According to the Release Notes shared by Moto, the Android Pie update comes with:
- Android security: Includes the updates of Android security patches through January 1, 2019
- Support 5G through 5G moto mod
- Android™ 9.0 Pie
- Android Pie 9.0
- The update comes with the new Intuitive Navigation and Recent App
- An improved Do Not Disturb mode and a colorful settings menu, to anticipated longer battery life and revamped split screen.
- Android Pie also brings a redesigned Quick Settings, simplified volume controls, an easier way to manage notifications and more.
- Adaptive brightness: fewer manual adjustments to perform better.
- Adaptive battery: Go longer with a single charge. It prioritizes battery power on the apps you use the most and applies restrictions on the ones you use the least.
- New and updated emoji: 157 new emojis, as well as a gender-neutral concept.
- Settings icon while on PIP mode: tapping the new settings icon brings you to the app’s PiP
settings, where you can enable or disable the feature.
- Zoom into a text, Improved audio controls, better screenshots, Redesigned settings app, Dual SIM settings, Rotation key, and some more changes.
- Notification UI changes: notifications now have rounded corners.
- Dismissing notifications: Android Pie will now suggest a couple of actions to you for the type of notifications you usually dismiss.
- Maximum number of visible notifications is set to 4.
- Performance improvements: applications will launch faster and use less memory, gaining performance and efficiency improvements.
- Power efficiency: refinements to Doze, App Standby, and Background Limits to improve battery life.
- Background App privacy: the system restricts access to the phone’s microphone, camera and other sensors (other than GPS).
- Wi-Fi optimization: Wi-Fi hotspot goes OFF in case of no connection.
- Stability improvements: includes changes that fix bugs and improve the stability of your phone.
- Security enhancements: an alert tone will be heard when a call is being recorded to all parties.
- Data encryption: Android Pie will now perform client-side data encryption and/or
decryption on the user’s phone: authentication is required (password, PIN, pattern), plus Google backs up all information to the cloud and hacker attacks become much more difficult.
- DNS over TLS support: it creates a secure connection to the DNS server before DNS
queries and responses happen.
- HTTPs by default: all applications built for Android Pie onwards will send and receive data via HTTPS by default, ensuring your data is better protected as you communicate with the app’s servers, especially public Wi-Fi.
The update also comes with features like Digital Wellbeing, adaptive brightness, new navigation gestures, and much more. So, update your Moto Z3 to the latest Android Pie 9.0 stable update now.
- Make sure to charge your phone more than 50%
- Take a backup, in case of failures you can restore your data
How to Install Moto Z3 Android Pie Update
Here we have the latest Android Pie stable update for Moto Z3 users. You can simply update your phone via OTA (over-the-air) update, directly from settings.
Note: OTAs will take some time to hit every single device, so if you haven’t received the update till yet then you can wait for some time.
- At first, Open the device settings
- Click on System
- Head over to System Updates
- Tap on Download and Install
- It will start downloading the firmware
- Now click on Restart Now
- That’s it
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 6.1 for Motorola Devices
If you’re facing any error, drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: