Sony Xperia 5 V is the toned-down version of the company’s newest flagship smartphone, Sony Xperia 1 V, which also means it has a great camera. The Xperia 5 V is billing with a dual-lens camera array featuring a 48MP Sony ExmorT IMX 888 primary sensor and a 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens. Thanks to the bigger camera sensor, the phone captures nice and detailed photos, but still, if you are looking for a GCam mod. Here you can download Google Camera for Sony Xperia 5 V.
Google Camera for Sony Xperia 5 V [Best GCam]
Sony Xperia 5 Mark 5 is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 and fortunately, developers ported the Pixel Camera app to work with this chipset and software on the Xperia 5 V. Needless to say, the Xperia phones already offer the best photography apps on any smartphones.
The smartphone comes with three camera apps – Photography Pro, Video Pro, and Cinema Pro. All three apps work fine and capture nice photos. Yes, the photo quality is great in every condition. This year, Sony introduced Night Mode and it works fine, but isn’t as good as the Pixel Camera’s app.
If you want to capture some amazing low-light photos, then we found a Google Camera app ported for the Xperia 5 V. The Google Camera mod comes with several useful features including Astrophotography mode, Night Sight, SloMo, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, RAW support, and more. Now let’s take a look at the steps on how to download and install Google Camera app on Sony Xperia 5 V.
Download Google Camera for Sony Xperia 5 V
Sony Xperia 5 V comes with the same software experience available on the Xperia 1 V and so, the phone supports Camera2 API out-of-the-box, which means you can easily install the GCam app on your device. Below we attach the latest version of GCam port by BSG – GCam 8.9 and the more compatible GCam 8.1. You can use Astrophotography and Night Sight in these ports.
- Download GCam 8.1 for Sony Xperia 5 V [GC_8.1.101_A9_GV2b_MGC.apk] (Recommended)
- Download GCam 8.9 for Sony Xperia 5 V [GCam 8.9 – MGC_8.9.097_A11_V3_MGC.apk] (Beta)
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
If you want better results, then you can follow the below steps and add a configuration file.
- At first, you need to download this config file on your smartphone.
- Now open File Manager, then make a new folder, name it “GCam”, inside the GCam folder, make a new folder, named “Configs8”.
- Open Configs8 folder and paste the config file here.
- That’s it.
Now open the Google Camera then swipe down to open settings, under Settings tap on Configs then load the config file download earlier.
For GCam 8.9 there’s no need to configure many settings, but still, you can play with GCam settings according to your needs for better results.
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- Download Google Camera 8.9 for Sony Xperia 1 V
- List of Sony Xperia Phones eligible for Android 14 update
- Sony starts rolling out stable Android 14 for Xperia 1 V
- Sony Xperia 10 V gets Android 14 update
- How to Use Multiple Accounts on WhatsApp [Android]
- Download Honor V Purse Wallpapers (FHD+)