In terms of camera, Sony Xperia 5 II is one of the best flagship smartphones of 2020. The device bundles a triple-lens camera module on its back panel, except from the TOF 3D sensor, it’s same as the Xperia 1 II. And the software optimizations make it even better. The mirrorless camera sensor on the Sony Xperia 5 II capture some impressive shots, using the default camera app. If you want to capture astrophotography shots, then make sure to try Pixel 5 Camera app (aka GCam mod). Here you can Download Google Camera for Sony Xperia 5 II.
Google Camera for Sony Xperia 5 II (Best GCam 8.0)
Aside from the hardware, the camera is one of the stand-out features of the new Xperia 5 II. The smartphone dons a 12-megapixel main sensor, telephoto camera, along with an ultra-wide-angle lens on its back panel. One of the best things is that, it packs the same Photography Pro app, available on the Xperia 1 II. It has features like super-fast autofocus, EyeAF for pets and Humans, 20fps in video recording, and much more. It captures nice images in almost any conditions. But if you want to capture better low light shots, then make sure to give a try to the GCam (Google Camera) app.
There are only a few Google Camera ports from Pixel 5 are compatible with Sony Xperia models. Apparently, we found one port which you can use on the Xperia 5 Mark 2. Talking about the features, then the latest GCam 8.0 comes with astrophotography mode, night sight mode, PhotoSphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, HDR+ mode, Panorama, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode & few more. Here’s how to download & Install GCam on Sony Xperia 5 II.
Download Google Camera for Sony Xperia 5 II
If you’re looking for a GCam for your Xperia 5 II, then you are at the right place. Here you find the best GCam port for your smartphone. Below we link two different ports (GCam 7.3 and GCam 8.0) from Parrot043 and BSG, which work fine on the Xperia 5 Mark 2. We’ll also update the article with the newest version of GCam port in the future. Here are the download links for both apps.
- Download Google Camera for Sony Xperia 1 II (MGC_8.0.018_A9_V0ja_Clone.apk) [Recommended]
- Download Google Camera for Sony Xperia 1 II (MGC_7.3.020_Parrot043-v2.apk)
- How to Enable Astrophotography Mode on GCam
If you’re facing any issues, then make sure to apply the recommended settings, before start using it.
- At first, you need to download this config file on your Xperia 5 II.
- Head over to the file manager and create a new folder called, GCam.
- Open GCam folder and create one more folder with configs7 name.
- Now paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown, available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
You can play with the saturation levels and more, according to your needs.
How to Install Google Camera on Sony Xperia 5 II
- At first download the app from above-listed links.
- After downloaded, head over to the settings then enable the Unkown Sources.
- Now Install the Google Camera.
- Once done, open the app and allow the app permissions if any needed.
- That’s it.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
All done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your Sony Xperia 5 II.
You May Also Like – Download Samsung Galaxy S21 Wallpapers
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: