Sony Xperia 1 II (pronounced as Xperia 1 Mark 2) is one of the ultimate launches of the year 2020. The device dawns Sony’s signature CinematicWide 4K OLED display which looks gorgeous. The camera is one of the centerpiece attractions of Xperia 1 II, It is the first smartphone by Sony that packs a quad-camera setup. Sony Xperia 1 II captures really impressive photos, thanks to the mirrorless camera available in the quadruple-camera setup. But if you want to capture photos in astrophotography mode then, Download Google Camera for Sony Xperia 1 II.
Google Camera for Sony Xperia 1 II (GCam 8.0)
In terms of optics, the Sony Xperia 1 II features a quad camera setup on the back. The smartphone dons three 12-megapixel sensors that include a telephoto camera, ultrawide-angle-lens, and also the main sensor. Sony Xperia 1 Mark Two knocks up the market with a standalone Photography Pro App that packs with a flurry of expressive features. It has super-fast autofocus, EyeAF for pets and Humans, 20fps in video recording, and much more. But it is worth installing the Google Camera app on Xperia 1 II if you want to capture some amazing Night Sight and astrophotography shots.
Though there are a slew number of GCam mod ports available on the web, only a few of them are compatible with the Xperia phones. Fortunately, we found a perfect companion that works fine on the newly launched Xperia 1 II. Talking about the features, then the latest GCam 8.0 comes with astrophotography mode, night sight mode, PhotoSphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, HDR+ mode, Panorama, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode & few more. Here’s how to download & Install GCam on Sony Xperia 1 II.
Download Google Camera for Sony Xperia 1 II
Sony Xperia 1 II comes with Android 10 (out-of-the-box) alongside the Camera2 API sport. Yes, you can install GCam on it without worrying about the root access. Below we link two different ports (GCam 7.3 and GCam 8.0) from different developers that work perfectly on the Xperia 1 II. We’ll also update the article with the newest version of GCam port in the future. Here are the download links for both apps.
- Download Google Camera for Sony Xperia 1 II (MGC_8.0.018_A9_V0ja_Clone.apk) [Recommended]
- Download Google Camera for Sony Xperia 1 II (MGC_7.3.020_Parrot043-v2.apk)
- How to Enable Astrophotography Mode on GCam
After downloading the app, download the configs file from the next section which will make the app work smoother.
- At first, you need to download this config file on your Xperia 1 II.
- Head over to the file manager and create a new folder called, GCam.
- Open GCam folder and create one more folder with configs7 name.
- Now paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown, available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
You can play with the saturation levels and more, according to your needs.
How to Install Google Camera on Sony Xperia 1 II
- At first download the app from above-listed links.
- After downloaded, head over to the settings then enable the Unkown Sources.
- Now Install the Google Camera.
- Once done, open the app and allow the app permissions if any needed.
- That’s it.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
All done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your Sony Xperia 1 II (Xperia 1 Mark 2).
You May Also Like – How to Root Sony Xperia 1 II [Guide]
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. You can also join us (YTECHB) on Telegram for updates. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: