Oppo Reno series phones are known for their cameras, and the Reno 8 series phones are no different. The company’s eight-generation phones – Reno 8 and Reno 8 Pro go big with selfies and video recording. Both phones feature a 32MP snapper for selfies and a 50MP triple-lens camera setup on the back panel. Just like the previous iterations, the Reno 8 duo capture amazing photos and the best thing is you can also install a Pixel Camera app aka GCam mod port on the two phones. Here you can download Google Camera for Oppo Reno 8 and Reno 8 Pro.
Google Camera for Oppo Reno 8 and Reno 8 Pro (+) [Best GCam]
The new Reno 8 series phones are paired with a 50MP Sony IMX766 primary camera sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2MP macro camera. Moving to the front side, then we have a 32MP Sony IMX709 shooter for selfies. On the software side, the Reno 8 series phones have a similar camera app seen on many Oppo and Reno series phones. Instead, the Reno 8 Pro and Pro+ support MariSilicon X imaging NPU which is responsible for the 4K video recording and better photography, thanks to AI computational photography.
There’s no doubt the Reno 8 series phones capture high-quality photos from the stock camera app. Still, if you are looking for a better alternative, then you can install the Pixel 7 camera app on your Oppo Reno 8 or Reno 8 Pro. The latest version of GCam port is available for the new Reno phones and sports features like Night Sight, Astrophotography mode, HDR+ Enhanced mode, Slo-mo video, Beauty Mode, Lens Blur, RAW support, and more. Now let’s take a look at how you can download and install the Google Camera app on your Oppo Reno 8, Reno 8 Pro, or Reno 8 Pro+.
Download Google Camera for Oppo Reno 8 and Reno 8 Pro
Nowadays almost every phone comes with Camera2 API support and the Reno 8 series phones are no different. Yes, you can easily install the GCam app on the new Reno 8 and Reno 8 Pro, and below we are attaching the links to the compatible GCam mod ports. The latest GCam mod by BSG, GCam 8.6, Nikita’s GCam 8.2, and Wichaya’s GCam 7.3 ports work with the Reno 8-line phones, here are the download links.
- Download GCam 8.6 for Oppo Reno 8 & Reno 8 Pro(+) [MGC_8.6.263_A11_V7.apk]
- Download Google Camera 7.3 for Oppo Reno 8 & Reno 8 Pro(+) (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1.apk)
- Download Google Camera for Oppo Reno 8 & Reno 8 Pro(+) [MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1j_MGC.apk]
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
If you want better results, then you can follow the below steps and add configuration file.
- At first, download this config file on your smartphone.
- Now create a new folder with GCam name.
- Open GCam folder and create one more folder with configs7 name.
- Now paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown, available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
While for MGC_8.6.263_A11_V7.apk and MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1j_MGC.apk there’s no need to configure many settings, but still, you can play with GCam settings according to your needs for better results.
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Best Wallpaper Apps for Android
- Download the latest iPad Pro M2 Wallpapers (2022)
- Download Samsung Galaxy W23 Wallpapers [FHD+]
- How to Root Android 13 [Detailed Guide]