Motorola refreshes the Edge portfolio in the US. The American smartphone maker added two new phones to the lineup – the Motorola Edge (2023) and the Motorola Edge Plus (2023). These are premium phones the Plus model is a proper flagship phone billing with Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset and 50MP triple-lens camera array. Whereas, the vanilla model sits comfortably in the mid-tier segment and features a dual-lens camera setup.
As the camera is one of the key highlights of these phones, the Edge duo doesn’t disappoint enough. The camera performance on both phones is decent. Fortunately, both phones come with Camera2 API support out-of-the-box, which means you can install the GCam mod port. Here you can download Google Camera for Motorola Edge (2023).
Google Camera for Moto Edge & Edge+ (2023)
Motorola Edge Plus boasts a 50MP OmniVision OV50A familiar sensor that we have seen on its predecessor, paired with a 50MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 12MP telephoto camera. Whereas the Edge (2023) has a dual-lens camera setup a familiar one we have seen on the global Moto Edge 40 Neo. On the software side, we get the same stock camera app UI that we have seen on recently released Motorola Edge series phones. The app supports a number of useful features such as Night Vision, Cinemagraph, Pro Mode, Ultra-Res (for 50MP shots), and a few more features.
Both new phones capture nice and detailed images in daylight, obviously, the Edge Plus is better than the vanilla model. Whether you own the Edge or Edge Plus, you can further enhance the camera performance on your smartphone, all you need to do is sideload the Pixel Camera app aka Google Camera app from Pixel 8.
Google recently updated the GCam to version 9.0 with Pixel 8 phones and developers have already ported the app to other phones and you’ll be glad to know that it works with the Motorola Edge (2023) and Edge+ (2023). Talking about the features, the Google Camera app offers features such as Night Sight, Astrophotography mode, SloMo, Beauty Mode, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, RAW support, and more. Now let’s take a look at how to download and install Google Camera on your Motorola Edge smartphone.
Download Google Camera for Motorola Edge (2023 Models)
The new Motorola phones come with Camera2 API out-of-the-box, there’s no need to apply any additional settings or root the device. You can easily install the GCam mod port on your device. There are a number of GCam ports available on the web and we select three best working ports that you can use on your smartphone. The latest GCam 9.0 by BigKaka, GCam 8.9 and 8.7 by BSG. Here are the download links.
- Download Google Camera 8.7 for Moto Edge (+) (MGC_8.7.250_A11_V15a_MGC.apk) [Recommended]
- Download GCam 8.9 for Moto Edge (+) [MGC_8.9.097_A11_V3_MGC.apk]
- Download GCam 9.0 for Moto Edge (+) (AGC9.0.37_V1.0.apk) [Latest Beta]
Once you’ve downloaded the app on your smartphone, you need to make some changes to the app’s settings before start using it. Obviously, for better performance and results. In this section you can check the settings we recommend you to apply before start using the app.
Settings for GCam 8.7:
- At first, download this config file on your smartphone.
- Now paste the config file inside /Downloads/MGC_CONFIG/ folder.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown, available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
All done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your Moto Edge and Edge Plus.
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Google Camera 8.7 for Motorola Edge 40
- List of Motorola Phones eligible for Android 14 update
- Download Motorola Razr (40) Stock Wallpapers [FHD+]
- How to Set Cinematic Wallpapers on Pixel Phones
- How to Send High Quality Photos in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android