Asus had announced its latest flagship phones – the ZenFone 7 and ZenFone 7 Pro last week. And the camera is the stand-out feature of the new ZenFone 7 series. Both phones are billing with a Motorized flip-up triple-camera module with the 64MP Sony IMX686 camera sensor. However, the triple-lens camera setup captures some impressive images from the default camera app. But now you can capture mind-blazing Astrophotography shots using the Pixel Camera app. The Google Camera (GCam Mod) is now available to download for Asus ZenFone 7 & Zenfone 7 Pro.
Google Camera for Asus ZenFone 7 (Pro) [Best GCam 7.4]
Asus ZenFone 7 lineup dawns a 64-megapixel primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture. It also packs an 8MP telephoto camera and a 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens. The default camera app on the ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro get new controls to operate the flip-camera module. Other than that, It’s a usual Asus camera app, yup, the same one that we’ve on the ROG Phone 3. Although the results are promising, still It’s not as good as the Google Camera app, thanks to Google’s computational programming.
The Pixel Camera app (aka GCam Mod Port) is now available for the Asus ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro with the support for Night Sight Mode, Astrophotography Mode, and other features of the anticipated camera app. Talking about the other features, then the app also has Lens Blur, Portrait Mode, PhotoSphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, HDR+ mode, Panorama, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode & few others. Here’s how you can install Google Camera on Asus ZenFone 7 Pro.
Download Google Camera for Asus ZenFone 7 & 7 Pro
One of the best things about the ZenFone (Number) series phones is that It has Camera2 API support out-of-the-box. And the newly launched ZenFone 7 (Pro) is no exception. Yes, both phones have the Camera2 API support, that simply means you can sideload the GCam mod port on your device without rooting it. Below we list three different ports, including GCam 7.4 by Arnova8G2 and GCam 7.3 by Urnyx05 and Wichaya. Here are the download links.
- Download Google Camera for Asus ZenFone 7 & 7 Pro (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.2.apk) [Recommeded]
- Download GCam for Asus ZenFone 7 Pro (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V2.7.3.apk)
- Download Google Camera 8.0 for Asus ZenFone 7 & 7 Pro (GCam_6beta.201115.1444build-8.0.101.apk) [works without config file]
- How to Enable Astrophotography Mode on GCam
Downloading the GCam is not enough, Yes, you need to configure the settings properly which lets the GCam works properly on Asus ZenFone 7 Pro.
- Download this config file, which bags up with all the recommended settings.
- Then, head over to the file manager and create a new folder called, GCam.
- Open GCam folder and create one more folder with configs7 name.
- Now paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown (with zenfone7-config.xml), available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
- Open the GCam app on your ZenFone 7, Now enable the HDR+ enhanced from the settings.
- Head over to the Settings > Advanced > Auxiliary Camera > Enable the Auxiliary Camera here.
- If you want to capture 64MP unbinned images, then you can try playing with the denoise values in Settings > Advanced > Lib patcher.
For GCam 7.4, you can play with the settings accordingly.
How to Install Google Camera on Asus ZenFone 7 & 7 Pro
- At first download the app from above-listed links.
- After downloaded, head over to the settings then enable the Unkown Sources.
- Now Install the Google Camera.
- Once done, open the app and allow the app permissions if any needed.
- That’s it.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
All done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your Asus ZenFone 7 & ZenFone 7 Pro.
You May Also Like – How to Root Asus ZenFone 7 Pro & Unlock Bootloader
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: