Asus’s beloved ROG Phones lineup gets an upgrade. The Taiwanese smartphone maker announced two new gaming phones – the ROG Phone 7 and the ROG Phone 7 Ultimate. The camera setup on the seventh generation remains the same as its predecessor, it captures decent photos. If you want to boost the camera quality on your device, then you can install the GCam mod port on your smartphone. Here you can download Google Camera for Asus ROG Phone 7 and Phone 7 Ultimate.
Google Camera for ROG Phone 7 (Ultimate) [Best GCam 8.7]
Asus ROG Phone 7 duo comes with a triple-lens camera setup featuring a 50MP Sony IMX766 main sensor, a 13MP ultra-wide-angle OmniVision OV13B sensor, and a 5MP macro camera. The device captures decent photos in any lighting. You may notice some oversharpening sometimes, which can easily be fixed using a third-party camera app. In terms of software, the camera app remains the same as we’ve seen on the ROG Phone 6 & 6D.
The latest version of the Google Camera app which is from the Pixel 7 series is compatible with the ROG Phone 7 and 7 Ultimate, thanks to the developers for porting the app for new gaming phones. It captures amazing low-light photos, thanks to the Night Sight and Astrophotography modes. Not only this, but the app also supports features such as Enhanced HDR, SloMo, Portrait, and more. Now let’s take a look at the steps of installing GCam on ROG Phone 7 and 7 Ultimate.
Download Google Camera for ROG Phone 7 & 7 Ultimate
Asus ROG Phone 7 bags a nice set of features including the Camera2 API, which lets you sideload the Google Camera aka GCam mod port without rooting the device. Here we attach the latest GCam 8.7 port by BSG and GCam 7.3 by Urnyx05, apparently, both ports are compatible with the ROG Phone 7 series phones. Here are the download links.
- Download Google Camera for ROG Phone 7 and 7 Ultimate (MGC_8.7.250_A11_V6_MGC.apk) [Latest]
- Download Google Camera for ROG Phone 7 and 7 Ultimate (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.6.apk) [Best]
The GCam 8.7 mod doesn’t require any changes, but, if you’re using the GCam 7.3 on your ROG Phone 7 series phone, then you can apply the below-listed settings for better results.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
For GCam 7.3
- At first, download this config file on your smartphone.
- Now create a new folder with GCam name.
- Open GCam folder and create one more folder with configs7 name.
- Now paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown (with rogphone66d-config.xml), available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
Now you can start using GCam on your ROG Phone 7 smartphone can try out the features like Night Sight and Astrophotography Mode.
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download iQOO Neo 8 (Pro) Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Download Realme 11 Pro+ Stock Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Download Oppo Reno 10 Pro+ Stock Wallpapers [FHD+]
- 7 Best Material You Icon Packs for any Android
- 12 Best KWGT Widgets to Customize Android Home Screen