Recently, Redmi launched its next-generation Note-series phones in the form of Redmi Note 9 Pro and Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. And the camera is one of the centerpiece features of both devices. The duo of Redmi Note 9 Pro smartphones are bundled with a quad-camera setup, which has a primary sensor of 48-megapixel for vanilla variant and 64-megapixel for higher-end version. The smartphone captures impressive photos with the default camera app. Not only this, but a GCam from Pixel 4 also sports the new Note lineup. Here you can Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 9 Pro & GCam for Redmi Note 9 Pro Max.
The stock camera app on new Redmi phones is continuing the tradition of capturing overexposed images. It captures decent images in almost every condition. The smartphone comes with Camera2 API enabled out-of-the-box. You can sideload the Google Camera app easily on the duo of Redmi Note 9 Pro phones for better results. It is one of the best third-party camera apps that you can install on your smartphone. All the implementations made by Google let you capture some amazing photos from GCam. The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max dons a 64MP primary camera sensor that uses 4-in-1 pixel binning technology to capture full 64MP shots.
So, installing a GCam port would be beneficial for you. Talking about the features, then the new Google Camera app comes with features like anticipated astrophotography mode, night sight mode, PhotoSphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, HDR+ mode, Panorama, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode & few more. Luckily the Google Camera 7.3 is working fine on Redmi Note 9 Pro and Note 9 Pro Max. Here’s the step by step guide, by which you can download and install GCam on Redmi Note 9 Pro & Pro Max.
Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 9 Pro & Note 9 Pro Max
One of the best things about the duo of Redmi Note 9 Pro smartphone is that It is billing with Camera2 API enabled by default. You can easily install GCam on the smartphone without rooting the smartphone. So, If you want to capture some blazing shots, especially the low-light images, then you can grab the GCam ports from the below-listed links. Here we list two different Google Camera ports, GCam 7.3 ported by Parrot043 and GCam 7.2 ported by Urnyx05. Here are the download links.
- Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 9 Pro & Pro Max (PMGC_7.0.009_HDR_Version_V13.apk) [Recommended]
- Download GCam 7.2 for Redmi Note 9 Pro & Pro Max (GCam_7.2.010_Urnyx05-v2.2.apk)
- Download GCam 7.3 for Redmi Note 9 Pro & Pro Max (MGC_7.3.018_Parrot043-v1.apk)
- Download Google Camera 7.3 APK [Latest]
- How to Enable Astrophotography Mode on GCam
After downloading the app, I recommend doing some changes in the settings of the GCam app. It will make the app work smoother.
For GCam_7.2.010_Urnyx05-v2.2.apk & MGC_7.3.018_Parrot043-v1.apk
- Config File for GCam_7.2.010_Urnyx05-v2.2.apk
- Config File for MGC_7.3.018_Parrot043-v1.apk
- Download config file from the above-listed links.
- Then, head over to the file manager and create a new folder called, GCam.
- Open GCam folder and create one more folder with configs7 name.
- Now paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown, available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
- Open Google Camera app > Settings > JPEG Quality – 100%
- Change the saturation levels
- Highlight of Rear Camera – 2.0
- Shadow of Rear Camera – 2.5
- Highlight of Front Camera – 2.0
- Shadow of Front Camera – 2.3
- Disable zoom in portrait mode
How to Install GCam on Redmi Note 9 Pro & Pro Max
- At first download the app from above-listed links.
- After downloaded, head over to the settings then enable the Unkown Sources.
- Now Install the Google Camera.
- Once done, open the app and allow the app permissions if any needed.
- That’s it.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
All done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your Redmi Note 9 Pro and Redmi Note 9 Pro Max.
There are many developers who have ported the app to work GCam on Redmi Note 9 Pro (Max) if you think these ports are not working as per your requirements. Then, you can download the GCam port from other developers. Although, we’ll timely update this guide with the latest and best working GCam on the duo of Redmi Note 9 Pro. So, make sure to check this article regularly. You can also check our collection of Google Camera app guides for other phones as well.
You May Also Like – How to Root Redmi Note 9 Pro [Guide]
If you still have any queries, then you can leave comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: