Google Camera 7.2 version is now available from Pixel 4 & Pixel 4 XL phones. In a month, Google Camera got more than one update, which brings changes like Night Sight option at camera home screen, introduced Astrophotography, and more. Also, the H.265/HEVC video recording option removed in Google Camera 7.1. But now the H.265/HEVC re-added on Google Camera 7.2. Here you can Download Google Camera 7.2 APK from Pixel 4 phones.
Many new features have introduced since the release of Google Camera 7.0, such as Social Share, Astrophotography, Framing hint, New UI, etc. But still, the App redesign is limited to Pixel 4 & Pixel 4 XL; it is expected to soon available for other Pixel phones. Although you can use a ported Google Camera Mod to use the Pixel 4 Google Camera on any Android phone.
If you use H.265 format as your option to record videos using Google Camera, then you may have missed this on Google Camera 7.1. But now it’s back, and it means you can record videos and save space. H.265 format help to record less size videos. If you have a Pixel phone, then check out in the play store for the update. But if you don’t get the update, then sideload the Google Camera 7.2 on your phone.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 for OnePlus 7T
Download Google Camera 7.2
The new version of Google Camera comes with bug fixes and a slight change in UI. Night Sight is now available at the location of Panorama and Panorama at Night Sight location. Also, the Smart Burst Mode in Pixel 3 & Pixel 3 XL is disabled. If you are planning to install it on your Android phone and not able to update from Play Store, then download the APK and install it manually.
If you are interested in older versions, then here are some APKs:
In the new Google Camera 7.2, now we have multiple options in Social Share like Hangout, Messages, Messenger Lite, Slack, Instagram, Twitter.
If you want additional features like AR Core and AR Stickers, then check out the following guide to download and install AR Stickers & AR Core.
Download AR Core & AR Stickers
If your device supports AR features, then you can add AR Stickers on your Google Camera App to modify photos with various stickers. Follow the steps to get AR Stickers:
- First, Install the AR Core app on your smartphone (Download Link).
- Then, Install the AR Stickers app (Download Link).
- Close the Google Camera app.
- Go to settings > apps > Google Camera > Force Stop.
- Now open the app and start using the AR Stickers.
What’s New in the new Google Camera 7.1
- New User Interface
- Social Share option
- Framing hints for taking better photos
If you are unable to install Google Camera 7.2 from PlayStore, then follow the below method to install manually. You can install it by opening the APK or Sideloading the APK.
Must Read | Download Google Camera 6.2 for Nokia 7.2
How to Install Google Camera 7.2
- After downloading the app from the available link, install it on your device.
- Firstly, you need to enable “Unknown Sources” or “Install Unknown Apps” from system settings.
- Open Settings > Apps & Notifications > Special App Access > enable Install Unknown apps.
- Once done, open downloads again and install the google camera app. (You can also find the downloaded app in file explorer)
- That’s it. Open the app & grant the needed permissions like Camera, Microphone, Storage, and Location.
ADB Sideload (Method 2)
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on Computer.
- Transfer the Google Camera 7.2 APK to location C:\adb on the Computer.
- Rename the APK to googlecamera.apk.
- In your phone open Settings.
- Go to System > About Phone and click Build Number 7 times to enable Developer Options.
- Go back to main Settings and then go to System > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In Developer Options, enable USB Debugging and connect your phone to the computer.
- In C:\adb press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- In Command/PowerShell window enter the below command
- The above command will trigger the USB Debugging window on your phone, Allow it.
- Now enter the below command to sideload the Google Camera 7.2 APK
adb install googlecamera.apk
- It will install the Google Camera 7.2 on your phone.
So if you want to try new Framing hint and Social share feature, then test the new Google Camera 7.2 App on your phone. If the recent port is not working for you, then don’t worry, within two to three days more ports will be available.
If we have missed any new feature and you have already tested GCam 7.2, then let us know about the feature. We will update new features on the list.
More Related Articles: