Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 5 & Note 5 Pro are one of the best smartphones of the year 2018. Both the smartphones flaunt a dual-lens camera setup on the back, the camera’s are impressive. Recently, the smartphone got the Android Pie based MIUI 10 stable update. It has an impressive camera, but still, there are some features that are not available on the smartphones. Luckily, the smartphone sports the anticipated Pixel 3 Camera app and its features. Here you can Download Google Camera 6.1 for Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro.
The default camera app on the MIUI uses AI (artificial intelligence) which captures some decent shots. Tthe stock camera doesn’t have the control to take full advantage of camera hardware. So you can enable the Camera2 API, it is very easy to enable the Camera2 API on the Redmi Note 5 Pro. The Google Camera app works best for every condition, one of the primary reason is the new AI implementations, done by Google. Developers already ported the Pixel 3 Camera app, Arnova8G2 latest stable GCam mod port works fine on the smartphone.
The Redmi Note 5 Pro bears a 12-megapixel primary lens along with the 5-megapixel depth sensor, which has an f/2.0 aperture. Google Camera comes with a features like night sight mode, Photo Sphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, HDR+ mode, Panorama, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode & few more. And Here’s the step by step guide on how to Download & Install Google Camera 6.1 for Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro. Also, take a look at our detailed guide on Pixel 3 Camera app, in which we explain the features & details about the new GCam port.
Before Downloading the GCam Mod 6.1 or 6.2, Check our Detailed Guide on Google Camera with its Features & Use
Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro
Both the Redmi Note 5 & Note 5 Pro packs with the dual-lens setup camera on the back. As a default, the smartphone doesn’t have the Camera2 API and HAL3 sport. We have already written a guide on how to enable camera2 API on Redmi Note 5 Pro. Below, we list two GCam mod ports by Arnova8G2 (senior XDA member), one is the Google Camera 6.1 (stable) and Google Camera 6.2 (beta), here.
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for Redmi Note 5 & 5 Pro (Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.7.190716.1800.apk)
- Download Google Camera 6.2 for Redmi Note 5 & 5 Pro (Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2.190716.1800-Final.apk)
After downloading and installing, make sure to follow the below listed recommended settings on your phone, by which you can take amazing shots easily without crashes the app.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
- Go to Camera app settings > About > Enable Advanced Mode.
- Again go to Settings > HDR+ control > change Saturation Level to High.
- Download Config Settings, which save the recommended settings.
- Open the Google Camera App > More > Settings > Save Settings > click on Save.
- Now, copy the config (.xml) file in /Internal Storage/GCam/Configs/ (folder).
- Open Google Camera and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown (with Whyred-1.7.XML), available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
How to Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 5 (Pro)
- First, download the GCam Mod from the above link.
- Once downloaded, Install the Google Camera apk on your Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Open the app & grant the needed permissions like Camera, Microphone, Storage, and Location.
- That’s it.
So, start capturing the realistic & amazing pictures with your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
You May Also Like – Download Realme 5 Pro Wallpapers
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: