The wait is over, and finally, One UI Beta is available for Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus (Exynos) variant. So, Here’s the step by step guide to install and update Samsung S8 (Plus) to One UI based on Android Pie.
Samsung has released the beta update for Exynos based Galaxy S8 & S8+ after delivering the successful update to the Snapdragon variant. While the stable release for S8 (Plus) will be available from the March 2019. Previously the Android Pie update is available for the Snapdragon variant (SM-G950U/955U) devices. And the best part is, It is an official One UI Beta update with updated January 2019 security patch and more. And Here you can Download Exynos Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus official One UI Beta based on Android Pie 9.0.
Samsung One UI – Details
Samsung One UI is one of the best and enhanced user interface available for the users. Nowadays, the display size to phones is increasing so if you like to use your phone with a single hand. All the interactive & useful elements now available at the bottom of the screen so it can be easily accessible. One UI is one of the perfect updates for Samsung Galaxy users.
The system-wide dark mode is also available, you can use it with One UI. One UI features the new icons & wallpapers. So, Let’s dive into the process to install One UI official beta update on S8 & S8+.
- Signup to the One UI Beta Program.
- Take a backup of your phone, before installing the OTA. Here’s the Guide to take full backup.
- Sideload OTAs doesn’t harm KNOX counter, so you can install it without worry.
- Charge your phone more than 50%, because the process will take time to update the phone.
- Note: One UI Beta update is available to Exynos variant only (Update S8 & S8 Plus to Snapdragon Here).
How to Sign Up for One UI Beta Program?
Samsung makes the process very simple, you can easily opt for the beta program. After signing to One UI beta testing program you can install the update on your phone. Here are the steps:
- At first, You need to Install Samsung Members App on your Galaxy S8/S8+, from Galaxy Apps store or Play Store.
- Open the app, Now login with your Samsung ID.
- Now, head over to the Notices section.
- Under the Notices section, tap on One UI Beta Program Registration.
- After successfully signing up to the beta program, you’ll receive the One UI update on your device.
- Go to Settings > Software Update, download the update.
You can also manually download & install the One UI Beta update on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus (Exynos) variant. Here’s the process.
Download Galaxy S8 (Plus) Exynos One UI Beta Update [Official Android Pie 9.0]
The new firmware runs on Android Pie 9.0 for Galaxy S8 (SM-G950FD) and S8+ (SM-G955FD), with a build number of G950FXXU4ZSA5 and G955FXXU4ZSA5. So, Let’s Dive into the process on How to Install or Update Exynos Galaxy S8/S8+ One UI beta.
Note: First you need to update CRL3, then update to ZSA5 (CRL3 > ZSA5) for Android 9.0 Pie with One UI. Also, Do not attempt install this update on Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+ (Snapdragon) variant.
Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950FD)
- Download Samsung S8 One UI Beta OTA (Android Pie | CRL3 > ZSA5)
- Download Galaxy S8 Android Oreo (CRL3)
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955FD)
- Download Samsung S8+ One UI Beta OTA (Android Pie | CRL3 > ZSA5)
Tools You May Need
How to Install One UI Beta OTA on Galaxy S8/S8+
- At first, make sure to check the build number of your phone. As we mentioned in the download section.
- Then, Download the OTA ZIP file for your phone.
- After downloading, Connect your phone to PC
- Copy the OTA in the internal/external storage, and rename to update.zip.
- Now, Power off your smartphone.
- Boot into the bootloader mode, by pressing and holding Volume Up, Bixby, and Power button simultaneously.
- Under Recovery Mode, select “Apply Update from SD Card“.
- Select the One UI OTA update package.
- Tap on the Yes option for the confirmation.
- After the installation process finishes & Select “Reboot System Now” option.
- That’s it.
So, this is the simplest and easy way to update Exynos Galaxy S8 (Plus) official Android 9.0 Pie based on One UI official Beta 1 update.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 6.1 for Samsung Galaxy Devices
If you have any query, drop a comment down in the comment section. Also, Share this article with your friends.