Apex Legends mobile is now globally available for everyone to download and play. The game, for those who do not know, is a battle royale game. You get to play in squads and fight against other squads and be the last squad standing. The game has a got a ton of different weapons to choose from. You can check out more details about the game by heading here.
While the Apex Legends Mobile game can be downloaded right off the PlayStore for Android users, not every Android user might be able to download the game from the PlayStore. It is because the game is first available to users who pre-registered for the game. But you can manually install the game by using the APK and OBB data on Android phones.
So, if you are someone that seems to be having an issue while trying to download Apex Legends Mobile from the PlayStore, here is our guide on how you can manually install Apex Legends Mobile on your Android device.
Install Apex Legends Mobile Manually on Android
Now, before getting into manually installing the Apex Legends Mobile game on your Android, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- The device should be on Android 6 or newer
- At least 2GB RAM required
- And most importantly have at least 6 GB of free storage since you will download the game and then install it.
With all the requirements fulfilled, let’s now look into how you can install the game manually onto your Android device. Now, you will need to note that the game will be downloaded as an XAPK file. What this means is that you will be downloading the main apk file as well as the obb data file at the same time. Here are steps on how you can download as well as install the game on your Android device manually. This guide also works if you have downloaded APK and Obb files separately.
Download Apex Legends Mobile APK & OBB File
Let’s now take a look at how you can download the Apex legends Mobile game files to your Android device manually.
- First, head over to the APKPure website. This is a trusted source for when you want to download Android apps to your device instead of using the Google PlayStore.
- Now that you have visited the website, simply search for Apex Legends Mobile.
- You will see the Apex Legends Mobile game in the results.
- Tap on the green button that says Download XAPK.
- You will get to see the full size of the file at around 3 GB.
- Now the Apex Legends Mobile will be downloaded to your mobile.
Extract the XAPK File
XAPK files cannot be installed right away onto your device. You will have to extract the files to get access to Apex Legends Mobile APK as well as the OBB data files. Here are the steps.
- You can use any File Manager like Google Files to browse through the system files on your Android device.
- Open up the File manager of your choice and navigate to where you just downloaded the XAPK file.
- Tap and hold the file. You should get a menu or a few options. Tap on the Rename option.
- Rename the file by replacing the .XAPK extension into the .zip extension.
- Now, you need to extract this folder. Open the extracted folder.
- You will see a few files and a folder named Android.
- Tap on the APK file that you and install it to your device.
- You might have to give permission for the file manager to install apps from unknown and external sources. It will now install Apex Legends Mobile on your phone.
Save Apex Legends Mobile Obb file
Once the game has been installed, you will now have to copy and place the obb files in the correct directory. Simply trying to run the game after installing will simply display a message stating that the data or obb files are missing. You can follow the steps below to correctly place the game’s obb files.
- Open the obb folder (that you extracted from XAPK) and select all the contents that are present inside it.
- Now copy all the contents and paste them into the following directory.
- Android > obb > ea.com.apex.legends.mobile. If the folder is not there, open the game and close it once it gives the error, this will create the folder.
- Make sure to paste it inside the Apex legends Mobile folder (ea.com.apex.legends.mobile).
- With all of it done, now simply launch the Apex Legends Mobile game from your launcher or home screen. The game should launch right away, ready for you to play.
What if your File Manager does not allow copying obb files?
Since Android 11, copying or modifying files in the Android folder is restricted through the default File Manager. So many of you may not be able to paste the file to Android > obb > ea.com.apex.legends.mobile location. So does that mean you can’t play? You can still copy the file and play the games. Follow the instructions given below.
There are limited third party file explorers that allow modifications in obb folder. You can try the Explorer app by Speed Software, Solid Explorer Beta version, MiXplorer, Root Explorer, etc. You can copy and paste the required files to the OBB location using these file explorer app.
Open the game and it will run without any issues. You need to download additional data of around 200-300MB during the first setup.
And this is how you can download and manually install the Apex Legends Mobile game on Android phone. The process is simple and works best when you have a stable internet connection. However, the most important point to note is that it is always safe to download apps from safe and trusted third-party sources like APKPure as well as APKMirror. If you have any queries about installing the Apex Legends Mobile game to your Android device, feel free to leave them in the comments below.