Streaming services are getting better and more popular simply because these are affordable and easy ways to watch your favorite shows on any device. While there are a good number of popular ones out there, there are certain services that not everybody might know of.
Discovery Plus is one such service, simply because people prefer streaming the Discovery Channel to watch their favorite shows instead of getting the Discovery Plus streaming service.
Here is everything you need to know about the Discovery+ Channels list including supported devices, available regions, and the whole channel lineup.
However, things are changing and we are expecting to see a merger between HBO Max and Discovery+. Since people already know what HBO Max is, they might be interested in knowing what Discovery Plus is all about.
Here is a guide that talks about the different plans supported devices, and also the different channels that are currently available for you to stream on Discovery+.
As of now, there are two Discovery+ plans available for you to choose from. Before choosing either one of the plans, you can treat yourself to a free seven-day trial to see and finalize what plans work the best for you.
Discovery+ With Ads
If you love to watch all the great shows available on Discovery Plus but at a cheaper price, then this plan is good for you. While it is cheaper, you will have to deal with ads. If that‘s fine with you, you can pick this plan out for $4.99 a month
Discovery+ Ad Free
The second plan is the same as the first one, but, in this plan, you will not be getting ads when streaming your content It will cost you $8.99 a month and also comes with a free seven-day trial. Both plans provide you with unlimited access to content available on Discovery Plus.
If you are someone who has a Verizon service plan or is a student, you will be eligible to get some discounts on the plans for Discovery+. Head here for the Verizon offer and here for the Student discount.
Now let’s take a look at the Discovery+ Channels list.
Discovery+ Channels Lineup
Here is a list of all the channels that you can stream as of now on Discovery Plus. After the merger between HBO Max and Discovery+, we could expect to see more channels and shows to stream on Discovery+.
- Animal Planet
- Discovery History
- Discovery Science
- Eurosport 1
- Eurosport 2
- Food Network
- Investigation Discovery
- Magnolia Network
- Quest Red
- TNT Sports 1
- TNT Sports 2
- TNT Sports 3
- TNT Sports 4
Apart from these channels, you will also be able to watch a good number of Discovery Plus original movies and TV Shows. These are shows that will be exclusive only to the platform. So, if you plan to watch those shows, subscribing to a Discovery+ plan is a good idea.
Discovery+ Channels Supported Devices
Now that you know what the plans are and if you are eligible for special discounts, it’s time to see what devices are supported by Discovery Plus.
- Android Devices running on Android 5 or newer
- Apple iPad Gen 3 and newer running on iOS 13 and newer
- Apple iPhone 6 and newer running on iOS 13 and above
- AirTV Mini
- AirTV Player
- Android TVs running Android 5 and newer
- Apple TV gen 4 HD, 4K running tvOS 13, and above
- Chromecast Gen 2 +
- HAT – 4KDTV
- Hisense- Laster TV, H65, H8, H9, H55
- Mi Box 3, Mi Box 4
- NVIDIA Shield
- Philips – 5000, 6000, 5704 series
- Samsung smart TV 2017 and newer
- Sharp – AQUOS Models
- Skyworth – E20, G2, Q20, , S9A, U2, U5, XA8000
- Sony – Bravia XR, OLED, and LED models
- Stream TV
- Synalink TV Box
- TCL 3 Series
- TiVo Stream 4K
- Vizio smart TV 2017 and newer
- Fire 5 – 2015
- Fire HD 10 – 2015, 2017, 2019
- Fire HD 6 – 2014
- Fire HD 7 – 2014, 2017, 2019
- Fire HD 8 – 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
- Fire HDX 8, 9 – 2014
- Fire TV
- Fire TV Cube
- Fire TV Edition – Android 5 and newer
- Fire TV Stick
LG Smart TVs
These TVs need to be running WebOS 4 or WebOS 5 and newer.
2018 LG TV Models
- LK610B, LK5700, LK540B
- OLEDW8, OLEDE8, OLEDC8, OLEDB8
- SK9500, SK9000, SK8070, SK8000, UK7570, UK7700, UK6570, UK6500, UK6300, UK6200, UK6190, UK6090
2019 LG TV Models
- LM620B, LM5700, LM570B, LM5000, LM505B, LM500B
- OLEDZ9, OLEDW9, OLEDE9, OLEDC9, OLEDB9
- SM9970, SM9500, SM9070, SM9000, SM8670, SM8600, SM8100, UM8070, UM7570, UM7370, UM7300, UM7170, UM7100, UM6950, UM6970, UM6900, UM6910
2020 LG TV Models
- LM620B, LM5700, LM570B, LM505B
- NANO99, NANO97, NANO90, NANO91, NANO85, NANO80, NANO81, UN8570, UN8500, UN7370, UN7300, UN6950, UN7070, UN7000
- OLEDZX, OLEDWX, OLEDGX, OLEDCX, OLEDBX
- 5000X, 6000X,, A000X, C000X, D000X, 7000X, 8000X
- 3700X, 3900X, 3930X
- 3710X, 3910X, 3931X
- 3920X, 4620X
- 3921X, 4630X
Roku Streaming Stick
- 3500X, 3600X,
Roku Streaming Stick+
- 3810X, 4200X, 4640X, 4660X, 4670X, 4800X, Roku 3, Roku Ultra
Roku Ultra LT
Roku 1, Roku SE
- 2720X, 4210X
- Android Webview 70.0.3 +
- Google Chrome 51+
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox 47+
- Safari 12.1,2+
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series S
- Xbox Series X
- Xfinity Flex
This concludes everything you need to know about Discovery+ from the plans, supported devices as well as channels you can stream. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
You May Also Like – List of channels compatible with Google TV
If you are someone that uses Discovery Plus Channels, share with us your experience about the service in the comments section below.
More Related Articles: