The “content://com.android.browser.home/” is a link/code which is used in browsers to set default Homepage. Whenever we buy a new smartphone, we usually get a browser integrated with the phone and also, the default homepage. And if you don’t like the default homepage set on the browser, then you can change it. Here we will explain the code “content://com.android.browser.home/” and guide to set default Homepage in Browsers.
The stock browser that we get on most of the phones contains a homepage that is not of our use. And also, the homepage is bloated with lots of useless links. We all know how irritating these unnecessary links are, so we need to change the homepage to get rid of the unwanted links. We can set the default homepage of our choice like Google, Bing easily in any browser on Smartphones and Tablets.
How to Set Default Homepage in Browser [content://com.android.browser.home/]
Basically, on any phone, we get to choose the default App for any category, like we can set default browser, default photo viewer, default video player, default camera, etc. So first, we need to make sure that we are using the default browser of our choice. Otherwise, we will get to choose the browser every time we click on any link. For example, if you like the Google Chrome browser, then you must set Google Chrome as your default browser on your phone or any other device to save time. If you don’t know how to set default browser, then don’t worry we are going to explain how to set default browser and how to set default homepage on any browser. But first understand what is content://com.android.browser.home/.
What Is content://com.android.browser.home/
It is a link which defines the default homepage in browsers on Smartphone or Tablets. Different browsers can have different default homepage that stored in this link content://com.android.browser.home/. Luckily all the browsers let users change their default homepage. Each browser can have a different way to set the default homepage, but the homepage will always be linked with content://com.android.browser.home/. Below you will find the guide to set default homepage in browsers, which will work for most of the browsers like Chrome, Mozilla, Opera, and other stock browsers.
How to Set Default Browser on Android Phone
It is the universal process to set your favorite browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla, Opera as the default browser. This method will work for every Android Smartphone and Tablet.
- First, open Settings on your Android device.
- Go to Installed Apps/Manage Apps section (This is a section where it will show all the Apps on the phone).
- Click on three dots on the top right corner and select Default Apps.
- Click on the Browser options.
- Now select the browser that you want to set as default browser such as Chrome, Mozilla, etc.
- That’s it now you have successfully set the default browser of your choice.
Now you will be able to open all the links from your favorite browser directly. After selecting the default browser now, you need to choose the default homepage. The homepage is a page that is open by default on the browser. So here you have the option to select the homepage of your choice.
Steps to Set Homepage on Browser [content://com.android.browser.home/]
Following the below guide will help you to set homepage on browsers like Chrome, Mozilla, Opera. You can also make Google as homepage with this guide. Follow the steps and set the homepage of your choice.
Set Default Homepage on Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome browser on your Android phone or Tablet.
- Click on three dots on the top right corner (the position of three dots can vary with different browsers).
- Open Settings from the option.
- Under Basics, you will see the Home page option (If there is no homepage option, then follow 5 & 6 steps). But if there is a Home page option, then jump to step 7.
- In Chrome Browser search Chrome://flags/ and it will open an experiment page.
- Search “Force Enable Home Page Button” and enable it. Relaunch the Chrome browser two times. Now again go to settings, and you will see the Home page option.
- In the Home page option, click on “Open this page”. Type the URL that you want to set as default home page and save it.
- Relaunch the Google Chrome browser, and you will see your custom default homepage.
So this is how you can set a homepage on Google Chrome browser (content://com.android.browser.home/).
Set Default Homepage on Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the Mozilla browser on your Android device.
- Click on three dots on the top right corner and open Settings.
- Select the General option in Settings.
- Now go to Home > Set a Homepage.
- Select Custom and enter the URL that you want to set as a default Homepage on Mozilla.
- Click on OK & close the browser.
- Open the Mozilla browser again, and you will see your homepage.
So this is the easy method to set default homepage on Mozilla browser (content://com.android.browser.home/).
Set Default Homepage on Opera:
- Open Opera/Opera Mini browser on your Android phone/Tablet.
- Click on the Opera icon from the bottom right corner.
- Open Settings and disable News from the Homepage section.
- Also disable Opera notifications, trending searches, recent searches from settings.
- Go back to Opera Homepage and delete all the Speed dial sites.
- Now click on the Plus “+” icon and enter the name and URL of the page that you want to set default Homepage and click on Save icon.
- And now, you can click on the newly created Speed dial to open the homepage.
So this is the best way available to set the default homepage on Opera browser as it does not provide options to set Homepage. A similar method you can follow for UC Browser.
There you have it the complete guide/tutorial on content://com.android.browser.home/ to set default homepage on Android browsers. The method mentioned in the guide is tested and working. Make sure to leave a comment if you are unable to set a homepage on your browser; we will reply with the solution.