Oppo A5 2020 and Oppo A9 2020 are one of the best selling phones of last year. Both phones were announced with the ColorOS 6 based Android Pie 9.0. Although, both phones get slated to taste the features of ColorOS 7 based Android 10. And according to the details mentioned in the time table, both phones will receive the update in May 2020. It also shows that Oppo A5 2020 is the first to get the taste of Android 10, followed by the Oppo A9 2020. But, the company has surprised by pushing the trial version for both phones simultaneously. Here’s how you can grab Oppo A5 2020 Android 10 Update & Oppo A9 2020 Android 10 Update (via Trial Program).
Oppo has begun testing the ColorOS 7 based Android 10 update on its last year’s mid-range phones – Oppo A5 2020 & A9 2020. As for now, the trial program is only for Indian users. The company has pushed the early access programme with 5,000 seats, Yes, 5,000 users can join as beta testers to taste the features of Oppo’s newest custom skin. Anyone can join the early access programme, by filling the details into the form shared by the company.
Here you can check the features come with the Oppo A5 2020 Android 10 Update & Oppo A9 2020 (ColorOS 7 Beta Update). The update brings intuitive UI, new navigation gestures 3.0, enhanced dark mode, focus mode, new charging animation, Soloop video editor, and much more. The update also brings the essential features of Android 10 alongside the new ColorOS 7 Wallpapers and new charging animations. Here you can check the complete changelog. Then, you can check the program by which you can join the ColorOS 7 based Android 10 Trail Program for Oppo A5 2020 / A9 2020.
ColorOS 7 Beta Update for Oppo A5 2020 / A9 2020 – Changelog
- Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
- Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
- Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
- Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Optimized three-finger screen capture, you can press and slide with three fingers to select the screen capture area; long press and slide down to drag the screen to quickly take a screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings, which can adjust the position of the preview floating window, set the prompt sound, etc.
- Optimize screenshots to preview floating windows, pull down to share, and pull up floating windows for long screenshots.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
- New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
- Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added dark mode, saving power and protecting eyes.
- Added focus mode to help block outside interruptions while working or studying.
- Added new charging animation style.
- Optimize the control center interaction, making the one-handed operation experience.
- Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
- Added a pause function for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
- New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
- Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
- More live wallpapers.
- Added Art+ static wallpapers.
- Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
- Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
- Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
- Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
- Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
- More screen-off clock styles.
- Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating.
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
- Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
- OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
- Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
How to Update Oppo A5 2020 & Oppo A9 2020 to Android 10 (ColorOS 7 Beta Update)
Before diving into the process, make sure that your smartphone is running on the CPH1931EX_11.A.49_0490_202004121827 or CPH1931EX_11.A.43_0430_202003041813 software version. If your smartphone is running on the older version then, you can update it to the latest stable. Once done, you can proceed now and join the trail program. Here are the steps.
Note: The trail version knocks up your device with CPH1931EX_11.C.60_1600_202005162057 software version.
- At first, Open the settings app then head over to the Software Updates.
- Now tap on the little settings icon available at the top right corner.
- Tap on Trial Version and fill the needed information, then click on Apply Now.
- Again head over to the Software Updates then tap on Download Now button.
- That’s it.
Now you can start using your Oppo A5 2020 & A9 2020 on ColorOS 7 based on Android 10.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Oppo A5 2020 & A9 2020
If you’ve any doubts regarding this article. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!