Last month, Oppo kicked off the stable ColorOS 7 update for F11, F11 Pro, and for a bunch of other phones. Now, the company has started rolling out the most awaited Android 10 Update for Oppo F9 & F9 Pro. Both phones were launched in 2018, which ran on Android Oreo 8.1 (out-of-the-box). The update comes with the latest security patch, a bunch of new features, and system improvements. Here’s how you can grab Oppo F9 and Oppo F9 Android 10 Update (ColorOS 7 beta).
As of now, the first batch of the trial version is available for users in India. In the first batch, only 2,000 users can taste the features of Oppo’s newest custom skin. You can apply the form shared by Oppo to enroll in the ColorOS 7 (beta) update on Oppo F9 & F9 Pro. The company will expand the number of seats in the coming days. This is a trial version, it may have some bugs if you’re in a haste then you can apply for the program.
Talking about the features, then the Oppo F9 Pro ColorOS 7 update knocks up your smartphone with features like intuitive UI, customizable icons, system-wide dark mode, beauty mode 2.0, new wallpapers, enhancements in the charging system, and overall enhancements to the system. The update bags CPH1823EX_11_F.05_2050_202004291807 software version. Before heading over to the installation steps, check the complete changelog.
ColorOS 7 Update for Oppo F9 & F9 Pro – Details
- New borderless design is newly upgraded, the vision is more shocking, the operation is more efficient, and the experience is more natural.
- Added OPPO Sans default font, overall simple and elegant, full of technological beauty.
- Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
- Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
- Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Optimized three-finger screen capture, you can press and slide with three fingers to select the screen capture area; long press and slide down to drag the screen to quickly take a screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings, which can adjust the position of the preview floating window, set the prompt sound, etc.
- Optimize screenshots to preview floating windows, pull down to share, and pull up floating windows for long screenshots.
- Added dark mode, saving power and protecting eyes.
- Added focus mode to help block outside interruptions while working or studying.
- Added new charging animation style.
- Optimize the control center interaction, making the one-handed operation experience.
- Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
- Added a pause function for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
- New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
- Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
- More live wallpapers.
- Added Art+ static wallpapers.
- Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
- Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
- Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
- Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
- Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
- More screen-off clock styles.
- Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating.
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
- Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
- OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
- Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
How to Update Oppo F9 & F9 Pro to ColorOS 7
Note: Before installing the update, make sure to check that your Oppo F9 & F9 Pro are updated to the latest software version (CPH1823EX_11_C.18_1180_202002071518 & CPH1823EX_11_C.19_1190_202003281428).
- At first, Open the settings app then head over to the Software Updates.
- Now tap on the little settings icon available at the top right corner.
- Tap on Trial Version and fill the needed information, then click on Apply Now.
- Again head over to the Software Updates then tap on Download Now button.
- That’s it.
Now you can start using your Oppo F9 & F9 Pro on ColorOS 7 based on Android 10.
You May Also Like – Download Nubia Play Wallpapers
If you’ve any doubts regarding this article. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!