One UI 4.1 is the latest version of Samsung’s custom skin One UI. It was released with the Galaxy S22 series. And it is now available on many other phones as well. The Galaxy S21 FE is the latest Samsung phone to get One UI 4.1. One UI 4.1 for Galaxy S21 FE is currently available for Carrier Locked units. Here you will get to know everything about the One UI 4.1 update for Galaxy S21 FE.
Last week Samsung released the One UI 4.1 update for a bunch of phones including the Galaxy S21 series, Note 20 series, Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 3, and others. And in the coming days, we can expect more devices to join the One UI 4.1 update. The One UI 4.1 comes with many new features that we will discuss later.
The One UI 4.1 for Samsung Galaxy S21 FE is currently available for the T Mobile carrier. And it will be available to other Carriers’ models soon. The One UI 4.1 update comes with firmware version G990USQU2CVC3. Samsung Galaxy S21 FE One UI 4.1 update brings the latest March 2022 Android Security Patch.
Talking about new features, then you can get new features such as Google Duo live sharing feature, new image editing features including reflection and shadow eraser, share multiple files simultaneously using Quick Share feature, Grammarly integration to Samsung keyboard, and more features. You can check the full changelog in the next section.
Galaxy S21 FE One UI 4.1 Update Changelog
- It’s easier than ever to capture great photos and videos.
- More options for portrait videos: Capture great portrait videos even when your subject is far away. You can now record portrait videos with the 2x lens on the rear camera in addition to the 1x lens.
- Enhanced night portraits: Take stunning portraits, even in low light. Night shots are now supported in Portrait mode.
- Get the full director’s view: You can save your director’s view videos with separate front and rear videos so you can edit them later, even after you’re done recording. When you play them back in the Video player, you can switch between different views such as split-screen or picture-in-picture.
- Do more with your memories. Gallery brings enhanced features for remastering and organizing your pictures and videos, and sharing is now easier than ever.
- Powerful remastering: Make your photos look better than ever. Sharpen blurry faces, fix distortion on TVs or computer screens, and increase brightness and resolution.
- More suggestions: Get help creating artistic portraits and exciting highlight reels. Gallery will suggest the best effects for your pictures.
- Add portrait effects: You can now add background blur to any picture with a person in view.
- Portrait relighting: Adjust the lighting for portraits, even after you’ve taken them, to make sure you always get the perfect shot.
- Convert unnecessary motion photos to still images: Save storage space by converting motion photos to still images. Gallery will suggest pictures where motion isn’t necessary, such as documents.
- Share albums as links: No need to invite people to shared albums individually anymore. Just create a link that can be shared with anyone, even if they don’t have a Samsung account or Galaxy device.
- All your invitations together: Easily accept invitations to shared albums, even if you miss the notifications. Invitations that you haven’t responded to yet will appear at the top of your shared album list.
- Create time lapse videos: Turn a picture into a vivid 24-hour time-lapse video. A button will appear for pictures of scenery including the sky, bodies of water, mountains, or cities. Your video will appear as if an entire day has passed.
- Express yourself like never before in augmented reality. Create your own emojis, stickers, doodles, and more.
- More decorations for your emoji stickers: Show your own unique style by adding GIFs from Tenor as decorations for your custom AR emoji stickers.
- Add more to your AR doodles: Create 3D stickers by scanning real-world objects, then add them to your AR doodle. You can also add GIFs from Tenor and Giphy.
- Background colors in mask mode: Keep the focus on your AR emoji while wearing it as a mask. Choose from a variety of colors to use as your background.
- Your Home screen widgets just got smarter. Just choose the widgets you want and let your Galaxy do the rest.
- Group widgets together: Save space on your Home screen by combining multiple widgets into one Smart Widget. Swipe left or right to scroll through your widgets, or set them to rotate automatically to show you the most relevant information based on your activity.
- Get suggestions on your Home screen: Your Smart Widget will tell you when it’s time to charge your Galaxy Buds, when it’s time to get ready for an event on your calendar, and more.
- Stay in touch with high-quality video calls. One UI brings you exclusive features.
- Do more during video calls: You can share another app’s screen during a video call in Google Duo. Watch YouTube together, share photos, explore maps, and more.
- Join video calls in presentation mode: During a video call on your phone, you can join the same call on your tablet in presentation mode. Your tablet’s screen will be shared with other participants while audio and video continue on your phone.
- Get deeper insights into your health and enhanced exercise tracking in the latest version of Samsung Health.
- Get insights about your body composition: Set targets for your weight, body fat percentage, and skeletal muscle mass. You’ll get tips for reaching your goals.
- Build better sleep habits: Track your sleep and get coaching based on your sleep patterns.
- Enhanced exercise tracking: On your Galaxy Watch4, you can set interval training targets before you start running or cycling. You’ll get a report on your phone when you’re finished. Your watch can also give information about sweat loss when you run and heart rate recovery for aerobic workouts.
- Transfer contacts, photos, messages, and settings from an old phone or tablet to your new Galaxy. One UI 4.1 lets you transfer more than ever.
- More transfer options: You’ll get 3 options when transferring content to your new Galaxy. You can choose to transfer everything, transfer just your accounts, contacts, calls, and messages, or go Custom to choose exactly what you want to transfer.
- Find your phone, tablet, watch, earbuds, and more with SmartThings Find.
- Get notified when you leave something behind: Make lost belongings a thing of the past. You can choose to get alerts whenever your Galaxy SmartTag is too far away to connect to your phone.
- Find a lost device together: You can share the location of your devices with others. If a device gets lost, you can get help from another person to scan for it nearby.
- One UI 4.1 gives you even more ways to share with others.
- Share your Wi-Fi network: Use Quick Share to share your current Wi-Fi network with someone else. The person you share with will be able to connect automatically without entering the password.
- Include editing history when you share pictures and videos: When you share pictures and videos with Quick Share, you can include the complete editing history so the receiver can see what’s changed or revert back to the original.
- Share tips with others: Find something useful in the Tips app? Tap the Share icon to send it to a friend.
More features and improvements
- Color palette: Customize your phone with unique colors based on your wallpaper. Your custom color palette now appears in more apps, including apps provided by Google.
- Smart suggestions: Your Galaxy just got a lot smarter. When you start adding an event to your calendar, your device will suggest a title and time based on text messages and other activity on your phone. You’ll get similar suggestions in Calendar, Reminder, Keyboard, Messages, and other apps.
- Clean up shadows and reflections in Photo Editor: Shadows and reflections will be removed automatically whenever you use the Object eraser.
- Add emojis to your calendar: In addition to stickers, you can now add emojis to a date on your calendar to express your feelings.
- Take quick notes while you browse: Keep track of your sources with new clipping options for Samsung Notes. You can include content from Samsung Internet or Gallery when you create a note using the quick panel or the Tasks edge panel.
- Choose apps for text correction in Samsung Keyboard: Choose which apps you want to get automatic text corrections in. Turn it on for writing apps to keep your spelling and grammar in check, and turn it off for texting apps where you want to be less formal.
- More widely available keyboard options: Keyboard layouts, input methods, and features for specific languages are now available in more regions, so you can type easily no matter where you are. You can always switch back to your previous layout in Settings.
- Customize your sound balance: In Accessibility settings, you can adjust the left/right sound balance for connected devices, such as speakers or headphones, separately from the sound balance for your phone speakers. This allows you to get the perfect balance out of your headphones without affecting how your ringtone and speakers sound.
- New actions for Bixby Routines: You can now create routines that change your watch face or turn on advanced settings like Protect battery.
- Customize your virtual memory: Choose the size of your phone’s virtual memory with RAM Plus in Device care. Go with more to boost performance or less to save storage space.
- Game optimizing service: CPU/GPU performance during early stages of gameplay will not be limited. (A performance management feature based on device temperature will be maintained.) The “Alternate game performance management mode” in Game Booster will be provided. 3rd party apps to bypass the Game Optimizing Service will be allowed.
- Some apps will need to be updated separately after the One UI 4.1 update.
If you are a T-Mobile’s Galaxy S21 FE user, then you may have already received the update. If not then you can expect the update in a few days as it is a phased rollout that takes time to be available on all devices. You can check for the update manually by going to Settings > Software Update.
March 22 – Available in Asia and Europe for Unlocked variant
As per the information, the new update is seeding in Europe with the G990BXXU1CVC3 software version, while the firmware version is G990EXXU1CVC5 for Thailand. It will also be available in other regions in a matter of time.
If you want the update immediately, then you can also manually install the update using firmware. You can download the firmware from Frija tool, Samsung Firmware Downloader. If you are using one of the tools then enter your model and country code and download the firmware. Once downloaded, you can flash the firmware using Odin Tool. Then flash the firmware to your device. If you want to do so, then I recommend you take a backup prior to diving into the process. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download iPhone SE 2022 Wallpapers [FHD+ Resolution]
If you’ve any queries, then let us know in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
- 10 Best Samsung Themes for your Galaxy Smartphone
- One UI 4.0 Features, Release Date, and More
- Download Xiaomi 12 Pro Wallpapers