Windows is an operating system that is being used in schools, colleges, and small to big organizations. It is the most used OS but has some limitations and issues. Apart from a number of issues that plague Windows OS, there is one particular issue that is known to be a headache. It is none other than the usual activation messages and errors. Sure, it is good to be using a genuine copy and licensed version of Windows, but these errors can be a headache. So let’s take a look at how to fix ‘We can’t activate Windows on this device as we can’t connect to your organization activation server’ error.
One of the worst errors with regards to activation is when it says that Windows Can’t activate this device because it can’t be connected to the organization’s activation server. This is a very common error and it can genuinely be a headache if not solved. Because, as you know, you will not be able to make changes to various things on your PC, and also you will be seeing that annoying watermark at the corner of your desktop. If you are someone that is bugged by this activation message, here is a guide on how to solve the issue.
Methods to Fix We Can’t Activate Windows on this Device As We Can’t Connect To Your Organization Activation Server
Before we begin with the fixes, it is important to understand what this message is and why it is popping up. So, this message usually appears when you might be using a Windows PC that has been given to you by the organization. The organization uses volume license keys. What this means is that it uses temporary keys to activate its numerous systems. So, there could be times when the computer might display this error message with which you end up with an inactivated Windows PC. Here are a few fixes that you can follow to solve this issue.
Method #1: Connect the system to the Internet
Because these systems are activated using volume licensing keys and need to be checked at least twice a year, it is best to connect the system to the internet. You also need to run a command to ensure that it is still activated.
- Once the system has been connected, launch the Command Prompt window.
- You can do this by pressing the Windows and R keys to bring up the Run window.
- Simply type in cmd and hit the enter key.
- With the Command Prompt dialogue open, simply type in slmgr.vbs /dlv
- Now hit the enter key.
- You will now be shown the Product key and the channel as GVLK.
- If it shows the above channel, that means the system has been activated using the volume license key and you shouldn’t be seeing the error message at all.
Method #2: Enter a Product Key
If you feel that your system isn’t able to activate using the above method, you can simply purchase a product key. They can be purchased from the Microsoft Store itself. Or, if you have the product key available on your system’s packaging or user manuals then that key can be used to activate your system. If the laptop is given by the organization, then you can contact management to get the key if it can be shared.
- Open up the Settings app on your Windows PC.
- Now, click on System and then head over to Activation by scrolling down a bit.
- Here, you will see an option that says Change Product key.
- Click on the Change button and now you can enter the new product key that you purchased or have in your packages.
- Once done, the system will now be activated and you won’t see the activation message anymore.
Method #3: Run the Troubleshooter
As is known with Windows, the bugs are plentiful. So, it could also be possible that it could be a bug that might be causing the activation service to display that your system isn’t activated. You can simply fix this issue by running the troubleshooting tools.
- Launch the Settings app on your Windows PC and click on System.
- With the System page open, scroll and select Activation.
- On the Activation page, you will see the Troubleshoot option. Click on it.
- You will have to follow the on-screen instructions and then run the troubleshooter.
- Now you will be able to see the troubleshoot option on the Activation page only and only if your Windows PC isn’t activated.
- Once the issue has been resolved, you will no longer be seeing the message on the Activation page.
Method #4: Activate via Phone
Now it can be highly possible that you might have got the product key with you while you purchased or received the system. And, it can also be possible that you might have lost the key. But just because you have lost it doesn’t mean that you can’t activate it. Microsoft has a simple and easy way for you to activate your Windows PC. You can make use of the phone service to get your PC activated.
- Open the Run dialog on your PC by pressing the Windows and R keys.
- Now simply type in slui.exe 4 and hit the enter key.
- You will now get a Window in blue that pops up on your screen.
- It will ask you to choose the country.
- Once you have selected the country, you will have to ring up one of the toll-free numbers that have been displayed on the screen.
- Once you are connected on a call, you will be required to provide a string of numbers that are displayed on the screen.
- You will now be given the activation product key that is needed to be typed into your system.
- Confirm the activation code and then click on the Activate button.
- Your system will now be activated instantly.
Method #5: Use a Microsoft Account
Do note that this method will only work if you have used a Microsoft account on a Windows PC that has been activated right away. Now, it wouldn’t work for those who do not have a digital license linked to their Microsoft Account. But, in case you do have a Microsoft Account linked to a digital license, follow these steps to get it activated.
- Open the Settings app and click on Accounts.
- You will now see an option that says Sign in with a Microsoft account.
- Click on it and type in your email address that has been used for the Microsoft account. followed by its password.
- Next, you will be asked to type in the system password if any.
- Now that you have signed in your Windows PC will now be activated provided it has a digital license key attached to itself.
And there you have it. 5 different ways that you can follow to activate your Windows PC. Also, you will be getting rid of the We can’t activate Windows on this Device As We Can’t Connect To Your organization’s Activation Server. Also, it is safer to use a legitimate product key instead of using some hacks or third-party methods since it can get you into legal trouble. Have any of you faced this error? What steps did you follow or did you simply leave the system that way? Let us know about it in the comments below.