Last December, Asus kicked off its first-ever Android 12 update, the two lucky phones to get a taste of the new update were the ZenFone 8 and ZenFone 8 Flip. The Taiwanese smartphone OEM is now slowly expanding the update to more phones, two months back, the ROG Phone 5 and 5S received the new update. And now is the time for the two-year-old ZenFone 7 and ZenFone 7 Pro. Yes, the much-awaited Android 12 update goes live for the ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro. Read along to know all details about the Asus ZenFone 7 (Pro) Android 12 update.
Asus has officially confirmed the rollout on its support forum. The update goes official for both ZenFone 7 Pro (ZS671KS) and ZenFone 7 (ZS670KS) with the 31.0210.0210.250 software version. The firmware is rolling over the air in different phases for two models and will be available to everyone in the coming days. Before moving ahead, take a backup of important data and charge your phone to at least 50%.
Asus kicks off the new software with a bunch of new apps including Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local backup, Setup wizard, and System update apps. Apart from that, the update brings a new UI to the Quick Settings panel, notification tray, volume panel, new widget system, Emergency SOS feature, new charging animation, and more. Here you can check the complete changelog of the Asus ZenFone 7 Android 12 update.
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 12. If you want to downgrade the software version to Android 11 by official software package, it will erase all data from your device
- Upgraded system to Android 12
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local backup, Setup wizard, System update apps
- Adjusted Quick Settings panel, notification tray, and volume panel to Android 12 design
- Added privacy dashboard, camera and microphone indicators, show clipboard access, approximate location access, and microphone access features
- Replaced ASUS Safeguard with stock Emergency SOS
- Introduced the new widget page design in Launcher. Adjusted the position of the screenshot option and removed the hotseat app icons in the Overview page.
- Removed the Quick Settings layout option in the Display settings
- ASUS Phone removed SIP calling support
- Added system charging animation
- Merge WiFi and mobile network options to Internet settings
If you’re a proud ZenFone 7 or ZenFone 7 Pro owner, then you can move to the Settings > System > System updates and check the new software, if there’s a new update, you can download it, if not, then you can wait for a few days.
You May Also Like – Download Pixel 6a Wallpapers
If you’ve any queries, then make sure to leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Samsung Galaxy S22 Wallpapers
- Download Sharp Aquos R7 Wallpapers
- ColorOS 12 OS: Features & Eligible Devices