Two months back, Asus started testing the Android 11 on ROG Phone II through the beta testing program. Now the news comes out the stable firmware joins the staged rollout. Yes, Asus ROG Phone II users can now upgrade to the Android 11 version number. The update is seeding with a bunch of new features, enhancements, and fixes. Here’s everything you need to know about ROG Phone II Android 11 stable update.
The new firmware is tagged with the 18.0210.2111.160 software version and is in the rolling phase. For the time being, Asus has not officially shared information about this build, but the company has updated the changelog on its Chinese website. This is the second major OS upgrade for the ROG Phone II, as this is a major OS upgrade, it requires more data for downloading in comparison to the incremental patches.
Talking about the features and changes, then the update is seeding with features such as chat bubbles, dark mode scheduling, enhanced privacy controls, and other basic functionalities of Android 11. Other than that, the update brings the new ROG UI interface, Google Pay support in Power Menu, editing page in Picture library, Nearby sharing option in the notification panel, and many other features.
Android 11 update for Asus ROG Phone II – Changelog
Here’s the complete changelog translated from Chinese to English.
- Upgrade system to Android 11
- Some third-party software is not yet compatible with Android 11
- Please backup your data before upgrading. If you want to downgrade from Android 11 to Android 10, you can use the official software package, but all data will be erased
- Import the new ROG UI interface design
- Update Armoury Crate, game wizard, smart housekeeper, contact, phone, file management, computer, clock, picture library, weather, recording program, settings, one-key switch, local backup, boot wizard, system update and other applications
- Support one-time permissions, improved file access permission control, automatic reset permissions and other privacy functions
- Support to maintain Bluetooth connection when flying mode is turned on
- Adjusted to the Android 11 notification bar style, support for displaying notifications of ongoing conversations
- The classic style of the power button menu supports Android 11 device control and Google Pay
- Update the automatic switching system color matching, return to the advanced options of gestures, SIM card and other setting functions. Replaced with the latest one-handed design
- Notification settings Added notification records and dialog settings
- The power control function of the smart housekeeper is integrated into the battery setting
- Adjust the quick setting panel interface. Support media control function. Add nearby sharing option
- On the recent apps page, long press the app icon above the task card to add options such as lock apps, screenshots, and sharing
- Computer adjusted design to the latest native style
- Added the option to display blocked calls in the call log settings of the phone
- Fine-tune the size of the status bar icon to maintain display consistency
- Clock add date setting alarm, group alarm function
- Picture library supports new editing page
- Update the conversion data of the one-key switch with the default check logic
- Adjust the related pages of the boot wizard
- System update setting adjustment and update logic
Asus ROG Phone II Android 11 Stable Update
The wait is finally over, the ROG Phone II users can now upgrade their phones to the stable Android 11 OS. The update is in a rolling phase and will be available for everyone in the coming days. If you’re using ROG Phone II, then you can head over to the Settings > System Updates and check the new updates.
In case you’re in a hurry, then you can download the OTA and upgrade your device to the new Android 11 software version.
- Download Asus ROG Phone II Android 11 stable [OTA Link]
Before upgrading your smartphone, I recommend you to take a backup, before diving into the process and charge your device to at least 50%.
You May Also Like – Download Asus ROG Phone 5s Pro Wallpapers
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers [4K Resolution]
- OnePlus Nord 2 Pac Man Wallpapers are here!
- Best MIUI Themes for Xiaomi Phones