Back in October 2020, Asus originally started testing Android 11 beta build on the Zenfone 7 and Zenfone 7 Pro. And last month, the company released the stable patch for Zenfone 7 series in its mainland Taiwan. Now the update hits the global units of Asus Zenfone 7. The latest update comes with a bunch of new features, improvements, and latest monthly security patch. Here’s everything you need to know about Asus Zenfone 7 Pro Android 11 stable update.
The newer build on Zenfone 7 is seeding with 184.108.40.206 software version and weighs around 1.1GB of size for downloading. It is the first major OS update for the Zenfone 7 (ZS670KS) and Zenfone 7 Pro (ZS671KS). You can connect your smartphone to a stable Wi-Fi network for faster downloading. As for now, the update is in rolling phase, it will be available for everyone in the coming days.
In terms of features, the Zenfone 7 (Pro) Android 11 update comes with features like the new Chat Bubbles, redesigned power menu, change in Notification panel & volume controls, improved performance, and many other features. Yes, it packs every essential feature of Android 11 along with a number of enhancements. And the update also carries March 2021 monthly security patch. Here’s the complete changelog which you can check before upgrading your smartphone.
Asus Zenfone 7 Android 11 Update – Changelog
- Upgraded system to Android 11
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, and Lock backup apps.
- Support one-time permissions, improved scoped storage, and auto revoke app permission
- Support keeping Bluetooth connection when airplane mode is activated
- Adjusted notification tray to Android 11 design. Support notification conversations.
- Classic power button style supports device control and Google Pay in Android 11.
- Added use key to adjust volume, and advanced options for back gesture Settings. Updated Style and Auto switch in System color scheme Settings. Removed one hand mode.
- Added Notification history and Bubbles settings.
- Adjusted the Quick Settings panel design, and support media control. Added Nearby Share tiles (Need to add manually)
- Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 11 yet
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 11. If you want to downgrade your device’s software version to Android 10 by official software package, it will erase all data from your device’s internal storage.
- Turned on the “Auto-download via Wi-Fi” setting in System update by default
- Updated google security patch to 2021-03-05
The update is rolling out in different batches, it will be available to everyone very soon. If you’re using the Zenfone 7 or 7 Pro, then make sure to check the system updates, as there are sometimes, when notification does not arrive. You can check the newer updates by heading over to Settings > System > Software Update.
Before updating your smartphone, make sure to take a backup of important data and charge your device to at least 50%.
You May Also Like – Download ROG Phone 5 Stock Wallpapers
If you’ve any query, then leave a comment in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: