OxygenOS 12 was released last year a few weeks after the release of Android 12. The OxygenOS 12 is based on Android 12 and comes with many changes including changes to Settings and control placements. If you have updated your OnePlus phone to OxygenOS 12 and can find the old option to apply ringtone for specific contacts then this guide is for you. Here you will know How to Assign Ringtones to Contacts in OxygenOS 12.
The new version of the OS received both negative and positive feedback from users. Well, the majority of users didn’t like how they shifted to a cluttered OS from a clean stock OS. OxygenOS is now another version of ColorOS, even the warp charging now shows VOOC charging. If a user likes ColorOS why they will buy a OnePlus, they can directly go for Oppo phones. But if you have a OnePlus you are stuck with the new OxygenOS changes.
Along with many changes, there are changes to Settings placements as well. And it includes the option to set specific ringtones for specific contacts in the Phone app. If you find yourself in a situation where you can’t find the option for applying ringtone to specific contacts then you can follow this guide.
Steps to Apply Ringtone to Contacts on OnePlus Phones
Now before we head to the process for OxygenOS 12 let’s first recall the process that we used to follow on the Oxygen OS 11. This will help users who are unaware of this feature on OxygenOS 11.
- Open the Phone app and switch to Contacts.
- Search for a contact that you want to set a ringtone for and open the contact.
- Now on the contact page tap on three dots at the top right corner.
- From various options select Ringtone.
- Choose the preferred ringtone and you are all set.
This was a very simple process in OxygenOS 11, but it is not the case in the new OxygenOS 12. The direct Settings have been removed and so you might be looking for the option which we are going to share in this guide. You need to know that the option hasn’t been removed and it is still there in the Phone app. Let’s jump into the guide.
- Open the Phone app on your OnePlus Phone running on OxygenOS 12.
- Switch to the Contacts section.
- Search for the contact to set Ringtone and open the contact.
- Now click on the Edit/Pencil icon.
- Scroll down a bit and tap on the Show More option.
- You will see a bell icon which is for Ringtone just below Company. Tap on the Bell icon.
- Now you can choose the specific Ringtone for the contact you selected. To select Ringtone from storage tap on Select from files.
Yes, they have made it complex to set Ringtones for particular contacts. But it is still easy if you go through the guide. If you haven’t received the OxygenOS 12 but are waiting for it, then you should know about this change. There are some other surprising changes that feel like a downgrade such as the local upgrade option has been removed and you need to install a local update app to get the option back.
So that’s all on how to set the ringtone for contacts on OnePlus phones running OxygenOS 12. If you find this useful, do share it with other users with OnePlus phones. Let us know in the comment section if you need another guide related to OxygenOS 12.