Last month, Apple initially started testing the latest watchOS 8 on Apple Watch. The company had already rolled out two developer beta builds of watchOS 8. Last week, the Apple Watch received second developer beta update with new Portrait Watch Face support. Now, Apple Watch users can upgrade their Watch to the public beta build of upcoming watchOS 8. Here you can check everything about watchOS 8 public beta update.
Apple also pushes iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 public beta builds alongside the watchOS 8. Although, the public beta release of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, watchOS 8, and macOS Monterey are scheduled for the month of July. But, Apple surprises users by pushing the update before schedule.
Apple releases the watchOS 8 with 19R5286f build number, it weighs more than usual updates. The latest update is available for Apple Watch Series 3 or newer models. The stable update will be available from this fall.
Talking about the features, then the watchOS 8 comes with Portrait Watch Face, assistive touch, ability to track respiratory rate during Sleep, GIF support, along with some new health apps. If you want to update your Apple Watch to the watchOS 8 public beta then you need to opt Apple Beta Software Program. Now let’s take a look at the steps on how to update your Apple Watch to watchOS 8 public beta update.
watchOS 8 Public Beta Update
If your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest version of iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 public beta, then you can easily sideload the update on your Watch.
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 8 public beta available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 8 public beta profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 15.
How to install watchOS 8 Public Beta Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Now the public beta update of watchOS 8 will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
You May Also Like – Best Wallpapers for iPhone 12 Pro Max
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: