Last week, Apple kicked off watchOS 8.5.1 update to the public with security features and bugs fixes. Today, Apple has started testing the upcoming watchOS 8.6 through a beta testing program, yes, the update is already available to the developers. Apart from that, Apple also announces the first beta of iOS 15.5, iPadOS 15.5, macOS 12.4, and tvOS 15.5. Read along to know more details about the watchOS 8.6 beta update.
Apple is sowing the dev beta build of watchOS 8.6 with the 19T5547f build number, seems like a minor update that weighs around 270MB of download size. Apple Watch owners can quickly download the latest software, as always, this version is available for all Apple Watch owners running on watchOS 8. And if you’re a developer, then you can freely download the new software on your Apple Watch, it will be available sooner to the public.
Sticking with the previous trends, Apple didn’t mention anything in the changelog of this beta patch. But we can expect this upgrade will bring a fix to the problem with third-party charges not being able to fast charge new Series 7 watches. Apart from that, you can also expect more stability and enhancements. Now let’s take a look at the steps on how you can upgrade your Apple Watch to watchOS 8.6 beta 1.
watchOS 8.6 beta update
If you want to update your Apple Watch to the newest build of watchOS 8, which is watchOS 8.6 this time, then make sure that your iPhone is running on the latest version. If your device is running on the latest software, then you can easily sideload the new software on your Apple Watch. Here are the steps.
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 8.6 beta 1 available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 8.6 beta 1 profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 15.
How to install watchOS 8.6 Beta Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Now the watchOS 8.1 developer beta 1 update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
You May Also Like – 18 Cool Wallpapers for iPhone 12 and 13 – YMWC 3
If you’ve any query, let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: