Last week, Apple knocked-out the third beta build of watchOS 8.1 for developers. Today, the company has dropped new beta firmware for every OS under testing, fourth beta of iOS 15.1, iPadOS 15.1, tvOS 15.1 beta 4, and the tenth beta for macOS Monterey. All these updates are rolling out in the developer channel.
The latest watchOS firmware, aka, the watchOS 8.1 beta 4 is tagged with 19R5566a build number and weighs less than the previous beta builds. The fourth beta patch weighs only 168MB of download size. Read along to know more about watchOS 8.1 beta 4 update.
The most recent beta build is more focused on bugs fixes and improvements. Obviously, the update is available to the Apple Watch series 3 and latest models. If you’re a developer, then you can easily upgrade your Apple Watch to the new software.
Talking about the new features, then there were no new features in the first beta of upcoming watchOS 8.1 and the second as well as the third beta builds are no different. As always, Apple did not mention anything new in the changelog of new dev beta. But still, the watchOS 8.1 is a feature-packed OS for Apple Watch, users can access the features such as Portrait Mode Watch face, Focus Mode, Breathe app, sleeping respiratory rate in Sleep, Fall detection for workouts, assistive touch, GIF support, and more.
watchOS 8.1 Beta 4 Update
The latest beta build of watchOS is limited to Apple Watch users running on the latest version of iOS. If your device is running on the latest software, then you can easily sideload the new software on your Apple Watch. Here are the steps.
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 8.1 beta 4 available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 8.1 beta 4 profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 15.
How to install watchOS 8.1 Beta 4 Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Now the watchOS 8.1 developer beta 4 update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
You May Also Like – Download Google Pixel 6 Wallpapers [FHD+]
If you’ve any query, let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: