Last month, Apple released the watchOS 8 update for eligible Apple Watches. After releasing the stable build of watchOS 8, the company started testing the next iteration of watchOS 8, aka, watchOS 8.1 through the beta channel. Last week, Apple pushed third beta of the upcoming watchOS 8.1.
Now the company seeds the first public update after the watchOS 8, the latest build is tagged with watchOS 8.0.1 version number. Read along to know more about watchOS 8.0.1 update.
watchOS 8.0.1 goes official alongside the iOS 15.0.2 / iPadOS 15.0.2 firmware upgrades, all three updates are focused on system stability and bugs fixes. The latest build hits Apple Watches with 19R354 build number and measures around 182MB of download size. Obviously, the update is available to the Apple Watch Series 3 and the latest models. As it is a stable build, all Apple Watch users will get the update over-the-air.
Apple addresses the software update progress issue on the Apple Watch Series 3 alongside the accessibility settings issue. Apart from that, we can expect overall system improvements. Apple Watch users can still access the watchOS 8 features such as Portrait Mode Watch face, Focus Mode, Breathe app, sleeping respiratory rate in Sleep, Fall detection for workouts, assistive touch, GIF support, and more. Here’s the complete changelog you can check before upgrading your Apple Watch.
watchOS 8.0.1 update – Changelog
- Software update progress may not be displayed accurately for some Apple Watch Series 3 users
- Accessibility settings may not have been available for some Apple Watch Series 3 users
Download watchOS 8.0.1 update
iPhone users running on iOS 15.0.2 can easily sideload the latest watchOS 8.0.1 update on their Apple Watch. The update is available to Apple Watch series 3 or newer models. You can follow the below steps to update your Apple Watch to the newest build.
Note: You’ll not lose any data if you update your Apple Watch through the airborne update (aka OTA).
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 15.0.2
How to install watchOS 8.0.1 Update on Apple Watch
- At first, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
- That’s it.
That’s it. Now you can start using your Apple Watch running on watchOS 8.0.1 update.
You May Also Like – Download Samsung Galaxy A52s Wallpapers
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: