Two weeks ago, Apple seeded the watchOS 7.1 beta 4 to developers. Now the company has pushed the watchOS 7.1 Release Candidate to the beta testers. The new update brings a slew of new features to the Apple Watch. One of the notable features of this patch is the headphone level feature. Here’s everything you need to know about the watchOS 7.1 Release Candidate update.
If you are wondering about the release candidate, then, the Release Candidate aka RC Update is a new name for the Golden Master. The newer update is seeding with 18R589 build number and weighs only 118MB to download. In case you’re a developer or beta tester then you can freely update your Apple Watch to the watchOS 7.1 Release Candidate Update.
In terms of changes, then watchOS 7.1 RC Update brings ECG app and irregular heart rhythm notification support to the Republic of Korea and Russia for Watch Series 4 or later compatible Watches. The update also comes with a new headphone level feature, which notify the user when the loud headphone volume could impact their ears.
Here you can check the release notes of watchOS 7.1 Release Candidate.
- Adds the ability to be notified when your headphone level could impact your hearing
- Adds support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in the Republic of Korea and Russia
- Adds support for irregular heart rhythm notifications in the Republic of Korea and Russia
- Resolves an issue that prevented some users from unlocking Mac with Apple Watch
- Fixes an issue where the screen may be dark on wrist raise for some Apple Watch Series 6 users
Before taking any more time, let’s dive right into the process to update the Apple Watch to watchOS 7.1 Release Candidate
Download watchOS 7.1 RC Update
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 7.1 beta available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 7.1 beta profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 14.
How to Install watchOS 7.1 Release Candidate Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
All done? You can start using your Apple Watch on watchOS 7.1 Release Candidate.
You May Also Like – Download iPhone 12 Pro Wallpapers
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: