Apple just released the watchOS 10.2 second beta for developers. The gradual beta build comes out two weeks after the release of the first beta. It is going to be the next big update for the Apple Watch, adding support for iMessage Contact Key Verification for government officials, journalists, and human rights activists.
Apple is pushing the new software to eligible watches with a 21S5342e build number. The second beta weighs approx. 500MB in download size. At the time of writing, the update is available to developers, it will also be available for public beta testers in a matter of time.
Moving to the list of changes, then there’s no new information shared in the release notes, but we can expect system-wide enhancements as well as some new features with watchOS 10.2.
One important security feature, iMessage Contact Key Verification, is coming with the new software, designed to tackle extraordinary digital threats.
watchOS 10.2 Beta 2
If your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest version of iOS 17.2 beta 2, then you can easily sideload the watchOS 10.2 beta 2 on your Watch.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap General > Software Update.
- Select Beta Updates and enable watchOS 10 Developer Beta or Public Beta option.
- Go back and download the second beta of watchOS 10.2.
- That’s it.
Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged at least 50% and connected to a WiFi network. After installing the beta profile, open the Apple Watch app on your phone, head over to General > Software Update > Download and Install, then install the new software.
Now the watchOS 10.2 beta 2 will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
If you’ve any query, let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
- Should you update your iPhone to iOS 17.1.1?
- watchOS 10.1.1 addresses Battery Drain Issues on Apple Watch
- How to Use NameDrop on Apple Watch
- How to Set Up and Use Personal Voice on iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to Set up and Customize Contact Posters on iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to Ping Your Apple Watch from iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to use Apple Maps Offline on iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to Change App Icons on iPhone [iOS 17]