New betas of iOS 15.6 and iPadOS 15.6 are now available to developers and soon to public beta testers. After rolling out the new iOS 16 beta last week, Apple releases new betas, iOS 15.6 Beta 4 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 4. These could be the last beta or the second last beta before we see the RC build of both updates. Let’s find out more about the iOS 15.6 Beta 4 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 4.
As you know Apple is testing both iOS 15.6 and iOS 16 at the same time but releasing betas in alternate weeks. So the next iOS 15.6 beta or RC may release on 12th July as next week we can expect the third iOS 16 beta. Talking about the previous update, iOS 15.6 Beta 3 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 3 were released two weeks back with some improvements and bug fixes.
Apple also released tvOS 15.6 Beta 4, and watchOS 8.7 Beta 4 along with iOS 15.6 Beta 4 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 4. Both iOS 15.6 Beta 4 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta come with build number 19G5056c. As usual, the update size will depend on the device and the update you are coming from.
As we are close to the stable build of iOS 15.6 we are not expecting any big changes or features. But there will be some bug fixes and improvements like the last beta update. We will update here if we find any new features or big changes.
- The update comes with a new modem build 2.70.01
- New email send out to Podcast creators
- Modified subscription page in Settings (also available in iOS 16 beta)
- iOS 15.6 Beta 4 ask users to either close tabs or keep tabs on performing history and website data wipe
- Few other minor changes
The iOS 15.6 Beta 4 and iPadOS 15.6 Beta 4 are currently available to developers, but soon the beta update will go live for public beta testers as well. If you are on the iOS 15.6 beta build you will receive the OTA update if you haven’t already. You can manually check for the update by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
In case you are on a public build you need to install beta profile on your iPhone.
How to get iOS 15.6 Beta 4 & iPadOS 15.6 Beta 4
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down to Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 15.6 Beta 4 on your iPhone or iPadOS 15.6 Beta 4 on iPad.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > General > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 15.6 Beta 4 with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.
Before updating your iPhone or iPad, make sure to charge it at 50% and take a backup. As it is a beta update there can be some bugs.