After releasing the watchOS 9 to the public last month. Apple kicked off the incremental watchOS 9.0.1 update for Apple Watch Ultra. And now is the time for other Apple Watches, the company releases watchOS 9.0.2 as the first incremental upgrade for watchOS 9 for most compatible watches. As an incremental upgrade, it addresses a couple of issues Apple Watch owners facing currently. If your Apple Watch is running on the watchOS 9, then here’s everything you need to know about the new update.
Apple releases the new watchOS 9.0.2 build with 20R383 version number and weighs around 122MB in size. Yes, it is a small upgrade that you can quickly install on your Apple Watch. As the new update is available to the public, you can easily install it on your Apple Watch Series 3 or newer model.
As this is a public update, Apple officially shared a detailed changelog and as per the release notes, the update addresses streaming audio issues on Spotify, alarm snooze issue when using AssistiveTouch, syncing issues of Wallet and Fitness on newly connected watch, microphone audio interruption issues on Apple Watch Series 8 and Watch Ultra. Here’s the complete changelog shared by Apple.
- Interruptions to streaming audio on Spotify
- Snooze alarm notifications continue after the alarm is deleted for AssistiveTouch users
- Incomplete syncing of Wallet and Fitness data for newly paired Apple Watch
- Audio from microphone interrupted for some Apple Watch Series 8 and Ultra users
The upgrade is available for Apple Watch Series 3 and newer model owners. Make sure your iPhone is running on the newest version of iOS 16 (the current version is iOS 16.0.3). You can move to the software updates in the Apple Watch app > General > Software Update and then install the new software.
Once you tap the install button, it will download and install the newest update on your Apple Watch. Once the installation process is completed, the watch will automatically reboot to the latest watchOS 9.0.2 update.
- 50+ Stunning iOS 16 Depth Effect Wallpapers for iPhone
- Download iPhone 14 (Pro) Wallpapers [QHD+ Resolution]
- How to batch edit photos on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Remove the Home Screen Search Button in iOS 16
- How to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Change Notifications Layout on Lock Screen [iOS 16]
- How to use Safety Check on iPhone [iOS 16]