Three weeks ago, Apple released a security update for the Apple Watch, the update was slated as watchOS 7.3.2. The latest build of watchOS is seeding alongside the iOS 12.5.2, iOS 14.4.2, and iPadOS 14.4.2 update. Although, the newer watchOS 7.3.3 is a minor update, but it bags an important security fix. The latest patch is available for every watchOS user. Here you can check everything about the watchOS 7.3.3 Update.
In January, Apple seeded watchOS 7.3 with a list of new features including new Unity Watch Face, ECG app support to more countries, and more. Apple is working to improve the third-major update of watchOS, while the users are waiting for the next-gen watchOS 7.4 update.
For the past few months, Apple is working on the watchOS 7.4 – the upcoming update which carries a bunch of new features. We can expect that Apple will soon be able to release the public version of watchOS 7.4.
The latest watchOS 7.3.3 update is seeding with 18S830 build number. It’s a small patch under 100MB, you can easily sideload it on your Apple Watch. The update is available for Apple Watch Series 3 or newer.
Now the latest update – watchOS 7.3.3 bumps up with WebKit fix. The newly arrived watchOS 7.3.3 is a public update, you can freely sideload it on your Apple Watch. Here are some details of the newly arrived update.
watchOS 7.3.3 Update – What’s New
- Available for: Apple Watch Series 3 and later
- Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to universal cross site scripting. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.
- Description: This issue was addressed by improved management of object lifetimes.
- CVE-2021-1879: Clement Lecigne of Google Threat Analysis Group and Billy Leonard of Google Threat Analysis Group
Download watchOS 7.3.3 Update
As I said earlier, the newer watchOS 7.3.3 update is available for everyone. If your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest iOS 14.4.2 update, then you can easily update your watch to the latest patch. Apple Watch users can easily update their watch to the latest software by heading over to the Settings app > Software Update.
While the other way to update watch to the newer update is, update it from the iPhone. Here are the prerequisites you can check before updating to the latest update.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 14.4.2.
Note: You’ll not lose any data if you update your Apple Watch through the airborne update (aka OTA).
How to install watchOS 7.3.3 Update on Apple Watch
- At first, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
- That’s it.
You May Also Like – How to Remove a Photos from Photos Widget on iPhone
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave your comments in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends on your favorite social media platform.
More Related Articles: