For the past few days, Apple has been testing the watchOS 8.1 beta through its developer channel. Two weeks ago, Apple originally kicked-off the first beta build of watchOS 8.1, later joined by the second beta patch. Now the company has seeded yet another beta build, aka, the third beta of watchOS 8.1 to the developers. Read along to know more about the watchOS 8.1 beta 3 update.
This time, the beta hits the Apple Watch with 19R5559e version number and measures approx. 300MB of download size, weighs more than the previous build. The new incremental patch is focused on bugs fixes and enhancements. Obviously, the update is available to the Apple Watch series 3 and latest models. If you’re a developer, then you can easily upgrade your Apple Watch to the new software.
In terms of features and changes, then there were no new features in the first beta of upcoming watchOS 8.1 and the second beta build is no different. As always, Apple did not mention anything new in the changelog of new dev beta. But still, the watchOS 8.1 is a feature-packed OS for Apple Watch, users can access the features such as Portrait Mode Watch face, Focus Mode, Breathe app, sleeping respiratory rate in Sleep, Fall detection for workouts, assistive touch, GIF support, and more.
watchOS 8.1 Beta 3 Update
The latest beta build of watchOS is limited to Apple Watch users running on the latest version of iOS. If your device is running on the latest software, then you can easily sideload the new software on your Apple Watch. Here are the steps.
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 8.1 beta 3 available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 8.1 beta 3 profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 15.
How to install watchOS 8.1 Beta 3 Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Now the watchOS 8.1 developer beta 3 update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
You May Also Like – How to lock and unlock Apple Watch [Guide]
If you’ve any query, let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download iPhone 13 Pro Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Download Windows 11 Wallpapers [QHD+]
- List of Games available in Apple Arcade
- Here are all iPhone 13 Live Wallpapers
- Best Apple Watch Tips & Tricks you should know