We’re very close to the announcement of the next major watchOS upgrade. Since we still have a couple of weeks in WWDC, Apple has released the first beta of watchOS 8.7 to developers. The new beta goes live just after two days of the watchOS 8.6 public release. Although it is an early build, still we can expect new features and improvements with this incremental upgrade. Read along to know more about watchOS 8.7 beta update.
Apple plants the new beta with a 19U5027c build number on the Apple Watch. The first beta of watchOS 8.7 weighs around 200MB in size for downloading. As always, the update is available for all Apple Watch owners running on watchOS 8.
If you’re a developer, then you can freely download the new software on your Apple Watch, it will be available sooner to the public. Apart from the watchOS 8.7 first beta, Apple also seeds the first beta of iOS 15.6, iPadOS 15.6, tvOS 15.6, and macOS 12.5.
Moving to the features list, then at the time of writing, it’s unclear whether the first beta bags some new features or is related to system stability. Since we’re not aware of watchOS 8.7 goodies yet, you can check the features released with watchOS 8.6. The recently released version brings ECG app support for Apple Watch Series 4 or later and Irregular heart rhythm notifications in Mexico.
Now let’s take a look at the steps on how you can upgrade your Apple Watch to watchOS 8.7 beta 1.
watchOS 8.7 beta update
If you want to update your Apple Watch to the newest build of watchOS 8, which is watchOS 8.7 this time, then make sure that your iPhone is running on the latest version. If your device is running on the latest software, then you can easily sideload the new software on your Apple Watch. Here are the steps.
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 8.7 beta 1 available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 8.7 beta 1 profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 15.
How to install watchOS 8.7 Beta Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Now the watchOS 8.7 developer beta 1 update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
You May Also Like – 15 Cool Wallpapers for iPhone 12 and 13 – YMWC 4
If you’ve any query, let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: