Apple has begun testing the next incremental software upgrade for the Apple Watch. Today, the tech titan has released the first beta of watchOS 10.1 to developers. This new beta comes two weeks after the release of the public build of watchOS 10.
watchOS 10.1 beta is seeding with the 21S5042f build number, now available for download. This incremental update has a file size of approximately 470MB on the Apple Watch Series 7 running on watchOS 10.0.1. At the time of writing, the upgrade is available for developers only, it will also be released for public beta testers in a matter of time.
Following the previous trends, Apple didn’t reveal the changes available on the first beta of watchOS 10.1. However, you can explore the recently released watchOS 10 and its features, or try out the new Nike Globe watch faces on your Apple watch. If you are a developer you can easily install the new update on your watch.
watchOS 10.1 Beta
If your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest version of iOS 17.1 beta, then you can easily sideload the watchOS 10.1 beta on your Watch.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap General > Software Update.
- Select Beta Updates and enable watchOS 10 Developer Beta or Public Beta option.
- Go back and download the first beta of watchOS 10.1.
- That’s it.
Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged at least 50% and connected to a WiFi network. After installing the beta profile, open the Apple Watch app on your phone, head over to General > Software Update > Download and Install, then install the new software.
Now the watchOS 10.1 beta will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
If you’ve any query, let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
- What’s New in watchOS 10 – Release Notes
- How to Set Up and Use Personal Voice on iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to Set up and Customize Contact Posters on iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to Ping Your Apple Watch from iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to use Apple Maps Offline on iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to Change App Icons on iPhone [iOS 17]