Earlier this week, Apple released the release candidate for iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1. The update came on the expected date as it was a big day for Apple when the tech giant announced a slew of products including the MacBook Pro 2021. And today the OEM has released another release candidate for iPadOS 15.1.
As of now iPadOS 15, iOS 15, and the new iPhone have some bugs, most of which are expected to be fixed in iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1 updates. Apple has already tested some iPadOS 15.1 beta builds. And the iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1 updates are expected to be released to the public on October 25.
The iPadOS 15.1 RC2 is only available for the 6th generation iPad Mini. If you don’t know, the release candidate used to be called GM or Golden Master. The RC build is released before the Public build. iPadOS 15.1 Second Release Candidate comes with build number 19B75. Along with iPadOS 15.1 RC2, Apple also released the macOS Monterey RC2.
iPadOS 15.1 RC2
The iPadOS 15.1 RC2 is now available to developers and public beta testers. It is a second release candidate which generally we don’t get to see from Apple. If you are using an iPadOS 15 beta on your iPad Mini 6 then you will receive the update directly on your device. To check for the update manually, go to Settings > Software Update. Then click on Download and Install to get the update.
If you are using the public build of iPadOS 15 then you will have to opt for beta by installing a beta profile to get the RC. I will only prefer this update if you also want to test beta builds coming later. But if not the stable build is releasing next week. But if you want to get the beta update, Installing a beta profile is easy and reliable. Also, remember the update will be bigger as you are switching from public to beta as fresh.
How to Install iPadOS 15.1 RC2
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down till Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing the Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iPadOS 15.1 RC2 on your iPad.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iPadOS 15.1 RC2 with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.