The testing is finally over! Apple kicks off the iPadOS 16.5 to the public. The gradual upgrade comes out with a number of useful features that include the Sports tab in Apple News, My Sports score and fixture cards in the Apple News app, and more. Read along to know all details about the new iPadOS 16.5 public update.
Apple pushes the final version of iPadOS 16.5 with a 20F66 build number. The incremental upgrade requires 634MB of data on the iPad Air M1, you can expect a similar package size on your iPad. Apart from the iPadOS 16.5, Apple released iOS 16.5 for iPhone, watchOS 9.5 for Watches, tvOS 16.5 for Apple TV, and eligible Macs get macOS 13.4.
Before moving to the changes coming with the iPadOS 16.5, Last week, Apple confirmed that Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro are coming to the iPad. The two apps will be available starting May 23; the subscription starts from $4.99 (US) per month or $49 (US) per year.
Talking about the changes, then the biggest change that comes with today’s update is the addition of a Sport tab in Apple News, My Sports score and fixtures cards in the app, as well as a few fixes including a fix to the Screen Time settings sync issues and Spotlight not responding properly.
Here’s the complete changelog.
- Sport tab in Apple News gives easy access to stories, scores, rankings, and more, for the teams and leagues you follow
- My Sports score and fixture cards in Apple News take you directly to match pages where you can find additional details about specific matches
- Fixed an issue where Spotlight may become unresponsive
- Fixed an issue where Screen Time settings may reset or not sync across all devices
If your Apple iPad is eligible for iPadOS 16.5, then you can navigate to Settings > General > Software Update and check for the new updates, then install the iPadOS 16.5 on your iPad.
- 16 Stunning Aesthetics Wallpapers for iPad
- Apple announces watchOS 9.5 release candidate for developers
- What Does Offload App Mean and How to use it on iPhone and iPad?
- How to turn off Apple TV and Apple Watch Keyboard Notification on iPhone and iPad
- How to Connect Galaxy Buds to iPad [All Models]
- How to Customize iPad Home Screen [Ultimate Guide]
- How to Sideload apps on iPhone and iPad [Easy Guide]