Today, Apple announces a minor incremental software upgrade for iPad. Yes, the company has released the iPadOS 16.4.1. It comes one week after the release of iPadOS 16.4, rolling out with improvements and fixes. Read along to know more details about the update.
Apple is seeding the new software to the iPad with the 20E252 version number. As it is a minor incremental patch, it weighs only 158MB in size on the iPad M1 Air. Yes, you can quickly install it on your iPad. If your iPad is eligible for iPadOS 16, then you can upgrade it to iPadOS 16.4.1 for free.
Apart from the iPadOS 16.4.1, Apple also releases iOS 16.4.1 for iPhone and macOS 13.3.1 for Mac.
Moving to the list of changes, then the new iPadOS 16.4.1 comes with a couple of fixes including the issue where skin tone variants are not available for pushing hands emojis as well as the issue where Siri does not respond in some cases. The changelog also says it is rolling with security updates, here’s the complete release notes coming with iPadOS 16.4.1.
- This update provides important bug fixes and security updates for your iPad including:
- Pushing hands emoji does not show skin tone variations
- Siri does not respond in some cases
- Some features may not be available in all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
If your Apple iPad is eligible for iPadOS 16.4.1, then you can navigate to Settings > General > Software Update and check for the new updates, then install the iPadOS 16.4.1 on your iPad.
- How to Customize iPad Home Screen [Ultimate Guide]
- How to take a Long Screenshot on iPad
- 16 Stunning Aesthetics Wallpapers for iPad
- How to Connect Galaxy Buds to iPad [All Models]
- How to Sideload apps on iPhone and iPad [Easy Guide]
- What Does Offload App Mean and How to use it on iPhone and iPad?
- How to Change App Icons on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Customize iPhone Lock Screen [Ultimate Guide]