After releasing iOS 15.6 beta 5 and iPadOS 15.6 beta 5 earlier this week, today Apple released the third beta of iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 to developers. The new beta is available to users who have eligible devices and developer accounts. There’s no sign of an iOS 16 public beta yet. If you are one of the iPhone users then check out what’s new in iOS 16 Dev Beta 3 and iPadOS 16 Dev Beta 3.
iOS 16 beta was released on June 6th after the first session of WWDC. But as you know it is only available for developers, the main wait here is for the iOS 16 public beta. Most of the users are waiting for this. And it may drop within a day or it will be released next week as per some sources.
Today Apple also released macOS Ventura 13.0 Dev Beta 3, tvOS 16.0 Dev Beta 3, and watchOS 9.0 Dev Beta 3. Both iOS 16 Developer Beta 3 and iPadOS 16 Developer Beta 3 come with the build number 20A5312g. There will be many beta updates before the update goes live to the public which is expected to release along with new iPhones.
Since iOS 16 is still in early testing we can expect some new features in the third beta. But as the update just went live we don’t have a complete list of changes. I will be updating the changes list soon.
- New Modem Update version 2.07.00
- An option to automatically install security updates and system file under Automatic Updates
- The calendar widget on lockscreen hides reminders and events and is visible after unlocking iPhone
- New clownfish wallpaper with effects (Its showing for some users)
- New lockdown mode with extreme level security (more like safe mode)
- Shared library for sharing photos with family members (it was mentioned in WWDC but was not available until beta 3)
- A new thinner font for the clock in lock screen
- iPadOS: Option to set layout for external display under Stage Manager settings
- There are a few other small changes in settings, health app, and bug fixes
- Let us know in the comment section if I missed any important changes
Both iOS 16 Beta 3 and iPadOS 16 Beta 3 are available to developers. It is expected to be released tomorrow or next week. We will update once the public beta goes live. And in case you have developer beta already installed, then you can check for the update manually by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
If you want to try out the iOS 16 Developer Beta and iPadOS 16 Developer Beta, you will need a developer account. You can follow the detailed guide here. In the guide follow the method to install the developer beta profile and install the new update.