Last week Apple released iOS 16 to the public after a long period of beta testing. But it has many bugs as reported by different users. And to fix major issues Apple has finally released a new incremental update iOS 16.0.2. Let’s find out what bugs the new update fixes with the new update.
iOS 16 update is still new and it may take a few builds to be free of major bugs. Well, not all users have the same major bugs, but there are many users who have had issues with iOS 16 and this was enough to get Apple’s attention.
After releasing iOS 16 last week, iOS 16.0.1 was also released a few days later but only for the iPhone 14 series. And so iOS 16.0.2 is the second incremental update since the iOS 16 public release.
Along with iOS 16.0.2, Apple also released watchOS 9.0.1, and AirPods Pro 2 firmware 5.0. The update was expected as we mentioned in our story about whether should you install iOS 16 or not. The update comes with build number 20A380. And it weighs around 278MB at least on iPhone 12.
Talking about what’s new in the update, it is focused on bug fixes to improve the iOS 16 experience. It also fixes the camera bug on the iPhone 14 Pro models. Here is the changelog.
- Camera may vibrate and cause blurry photos when shooting with some third-party apps on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Display may appear completely black during device setup
- Copy and paste between apps may cause a permission prompt to appear more than expected
- VoiceOver may be unavailable after rebooting
- Addresses an issue where touch input was unresponsive on some iPhone X, iPhone XR, and iPhone 11 displays after being serviced
- Important Security updates
Copy paste prompt was the most annoying bug and it seems the update has fixed this bug. You can also expect bug fixes that are not mentioned in the changelog.
The new iOS 16.0.2 update is available to the public. So if you are on the stable iOS 16, then you will receive the OTA update on your iPhone. To manually check for the update, go to Settings > General > Software Update. Once the update is available tap Download and Install. Before updating, take a backup of your important data and charge your iPhone to at least 50%.