Apple released the sixth beta of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 to developers and soon to public beta testers. The fifth beta was released last week with few changes. The new iOS 15 beta 6 brings some more changes, improvements, and bug fixes. As the iOS 15 public release nears, you will see stability in the more recent beta updates. Check out what’s new in iOS 15 Beta 6 and iPadOS 15 Beta 6.
As usual, Apple is planning to release the iOS 15 and their flagship iPhone of the year, which will be the iPhone 13. As we all expected, Beta 6 has arrived for both iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 today with a slew of improvements.
Along with iOS 15 Beta 6 and iPadOS 15 Beta 6, Apple released HomePod 15 Beta 6 and tvOS 15 Beta 6. This week we can see updates for remaining devices such as watchOS and macOS. Both iOS 15 Beta 6 and iPadOS 15 Beta 6 come with build number 19A5325f. The update size varies as per the device.
The update brings some improvements, UI changes, and bug fixes. It includes another set of changes in the Safari browser. Also, SharePlay has been disabled for now. Check out the changes shared by Apple.
- SharePlay has been disabled for use in iOS and iPadOS 15 developer beta 6 and will be disabled for use in its initial release this fall. SharePlay will be enabled for use again in future developer beta releases and will launch to the public in software updates later this fall. To continue your development, we have provided a SharePlay Development Profile which will enable successful creation and reception of GroupSessions via the Group Activities API. (81816137)
New Features in iOS & iPadOS 15 beta 6
- The bottom tab bar has been redesigned to appear below page content. An option to show the address bar at the top is also available. (81118141)
Download iOS 15 Beta 6 and iPadOS 15 Beta 6
As we mentioned before, the iOS 15 Beta 6 and iPadOS 15 Beta 6 are now live for developers, and soon the Public beta is expected to release. If you are already using one of the iOS 15 beta updates, you will get the OTA updates on your iPhone and iPad. You can manually check for the update by going to Settings > Software Update. And click on Download & Install button to get the update.
But if you are using the stable public build, you will need to install the beta update manually. Or you can also install a beta profile if you want to test iOS 15 updates. Installing a beta profile is easy, and you will receive incremental beta updates. Check out the guide below.
How to Install iOS 15 Beta 6 & iPadOS 15 Beta 6
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down till Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing the Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 15 Beta 6 on your iPhone.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 15 Beta 6 with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.