After testing iOS 15.2 in several beta updates, the final release candidate of iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2 builds are here for developers and beta testers. The release of the iOS 15.2 Release Candidate means we are very close to the final iOS 15.2 public build. In iOS 15.2 Release Candidate and iPadOS 15.2 Release Candidate, you will get all the features and changes from all iOS 15.2 beta updates.
Release Candidate, formerly known as Golden Master or GM, is an update for developers and testers that releases just before the last public update. And as we know the holidays will start soon and so Apple will try to release the public update by the end of this week or early next week.
Along with iOS 15.2 RC and iPadOS 15.2 RC, Apple also released watchOS 8.3 RC, and macOS Monterey 12.1 RC. Both iOS 15.2 RC and iPadOS 15.2 RC come with build number 19C56. It will be the same build for a public build as well that will be released later. As we already mentioned it comes with all the new features and changes introduced in iOS 15.2 beta updates. Here is a changelog.
“iOS 15.2 adds Apple Music Voice Plan, a new subscription tier that provides access to music using Siri. This update also includes the App privacy report, new safety features for children and parents in messages, and other features and bug fixes for your iPhone.
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices.”
It is a small changelog from Apple, but you will find many other features and changes as well as bug fixes.
iOS 15.2 RC and iPadOS 15.2 RC
Apple releases iOS 15.2 RC and iPadOS 15.2 RC to developers as well as public beta users. Users who have installed the iOS 15 beta profile on their iPhone or iPad will receive the Release Candidate update directly on their devices. To manually check for the update, go to Settings > General > Software Update. And once it displays the release candidate, you can install it on your iPhone or iPad.
In case you are using the public build of iOS 15.1.1 or iPadOS 15.1.1 then you will have to opt for beta by installing a beta profile to get the Release Candidate. However, we recommend skipping it if you don’t want to get beta updates, and also the public build will be available in a few days. Installing a beta profile is easy and reliable.
How to get iOS 15.2 RC & iPadOS 15.2 RC
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down till Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing the Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 15.2 Release Candidate on your iPhone or iPadOS 15.2 Release Candidate on iPad.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad.