After releasing iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 to the public, Apple started testing iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1. iOS 15.1 Beta and iPadOS 15.1 Beta are out for developers. Soon it will also be released for public beta testers as well. This is the first iOS 15 incremental update that will be available to the public after a few rounds of testing in beta. Here you can check how to download and install iOS 15.1 Beta 1 and iPadOS 15.1 Beta 1.
The last beta was released as an iOS 15 release candidate just after a California streaming event a week ago. And after releasing iOS 15 yesterday, Apple today began a new beta journey for iOS 15.1. The updates come as no surprise as we’ve seen records from Apple for frequent updates. iOS 15.1 beta testing will be more focused on changes that were announced at WWDC but were not made into the iOS 15 public release.
Along with iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1 beta, today Apple also released watchOS 8.1 Beta 1, tvOS 15.1 Beta 1, and macOS 12.1 Beta 1. Both iOS 15.1 Beta 1 and iPadOS 15.1 Beta 1 come with build number 19B5042h. The update brings many changes to settings, in-app settings, some new features, and other improvements. It also re-enables the SharePlay option in FaceTime.
iOS 15.1 Beta 1 and iPadOS 15.1 Beta 1
Both iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1 Beta 1 are out for developers. But we are also expecting the Public Beta update to be available in the next couple of days. If your iPhone or iPad is running on the iOS 15 RC and iPadOS 15 RC then you will receive the update on your device provided that you have not removed the public beta profile. You can manually check for the update in Settings > Software Update. Then click on Download and Install to get the update.
If you have switched to the iOS 15/iPadOS 15 public build or never installed the iOS 15 beta, then you will have to opt for beta by installing beta profile. You can also install iOS 15.1 beta 1 with Finder or iTunes directly. But installing beta profile is easy and reliable.
How to get iOS 15.1 Beta 1 & iPadOS 15.1 Beta 1
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Scroll down till Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- In Settings, you will get a new option ‘Profile Downloaded’. Go to the new section and install the profile.
- After installing the Profile, reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 15.1 Beta 1 on your iPhone or iPadOS 15.1 Beta 1 on iPad.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install iOS 15.1 Beta 1 with the full IPSW file using Finder or iTunes.