After the successful testing of iOS 13.4 Beta 2 for more than a week, Apple has now released the third beta of iOS 13.4 for developers. And usually, we get the Public Beta in a few days after the release of Developer beta. The iOS 13.4 Beta 3 and iPadOS Beta 3 brings one main feature which we will discuss in this guide below. There are not many changes but it comes with bug fixes that can be seen in Beta 2. Here we will discuss how to download and install iOS 13.4 Beta 3 on iPhones and iPadOS 13.4 Beta 3 on iPads.
The update hits recently on supported iPhones and iPads with developer accounts. Along with iOS and iPadOS updates, Apple also rolled out the update for WatchOS, macOS, and TvOS. In the Beta 3 update, there are no UI changes in any apps or system. Although there is a small navigation gesture change in Photos application. It is also a small update but it brings a big feature which raises so many questions. Like in the upcoming phones can we expect a fully wireless phone and more like that. The iOS 13.4 Beta 3 update also brings the latest Modem Firmware 1.05.28 which will fix the LTE or WiFi issues.
It is not a big update but it fixes many issues that were reported on the last beta. The size of the iOS 13.4 Beta 3 is around 336MB whereas the iPadOS 13.4 Beta 3 comes with 292MB in size. Let’s now discuss some new features and bug fixes to know more about Beta 3 update.
iOS 13.4 Beta 3 – Features and Changes
- New Navigation in Photos: Apple added swipe navigation gesture in iOS 13.4 to select filters like Year, Month, Day. Before this update, we had to click on the required option to choose the filter bit now we can swipe to get to any filter.
- New Settings for AirPods: Disconnect option added which can be accessed in the Settings > Bluetooth > I icon. In case you want to forget any device you can first disconnect through option and then forget the device.
- OS Recovery: The iOS 13.4 Beta 3 reveals the new OS Recovery feature that will allow restoring iPhones, iPads without connecting to any computer. It can be done through over the air OS Recovery. Users can also restore iPhones and iPads by connecting two iPhones or iPad to each other via USB.
#iOS 13.4 beta reveals wireless OTA OS Recovery
we will say goodbye do you have cables very soon? pic.twitter.com/VzEe2Pmqe2
— AR7 (@AR72014) February 27, 2020
- Crash on Apps Settings: In previous iOS 13.4 Beta 2 update there was one issue that we access Apps setting in Settings sometime the phone crashes. But now the bug is fixed in iOS 13.4 Beta 3 update.
- Notification Overlap: This issue meant to be fixed in Beta 2 which did for some users but it was still for some users. And we expect that this issue is fixed in this iOS 13.4 Beta 3.
- Instagram Audio: The Instagram Audio issue is still there and it is irritating. If we play any video on Instagram and switch to other Apps or homescreen the Audio will keep coming. It means you need to pause the video on Instagram before switching to other Apps.
- Glitch on About section: In settings when you open About section it will freeze for about 1 second and then open the next screen. This is not a big issue but needs to be fixed for a better user experience.
- Silent Notification: Many users have complaints about the issue that whenever Notifications receive on phones it doesn’t notify at all. Even you will not get notifications in the Apple Smartwatch.
Download iOS 13.4 Beta 3 & iPadOS 13.4 Beta 3 for Developers
The update is for developers and so you need to have a developer account. But if you don’t have any developer account then also you can install the iOS 13.4 Beta update if the correct profile is installed on your iPhone or iPad. And if you are already using the iOS 13.4 Beta 2 then you can directly update your iPhone from Software update.
But if you have not enrolled for Beta then you can follow the below guide to get the iOS beta updates on your phone. Let’s now get into steps to install iOS 13.4 Beta 3 or iPadOS 13.4 Beta 3 on your respective devices.
Download Configuration Profile (Developer Account)
- Go to the Apple developer website on your iPhone.
- Now click on the Discover button.
- On the next page, it will show all the available OS. So click on the iOS or iPadOS according to the device that you have.
- It will then open the description page, there click on the Download button.
- Then log in with your Apple developer ID.
- Go to the iOS 13/iPadOS 13 beta section and click on download. The profile will be downloaded to your Apple device.
- After downloading install the profile on your Apple device and follow the below procedure to install the 13.4 Beta 3 update.
If you don’t have a developer id then you can try this configuration file. After downloading the configuration file install the profile and reboot your device. And then you can update your iPhone or iPad to the latest available beta.
Steps to Install Latest iOS 13.4 Beta 3 or iPadOS 13.4 Beta 3
- First, make sure that the developer profile is installed on your iPhone or iPad.
- After that head over to Settings on your device.
- Now go to General > Software Update.
- In Software Update you will find the latest iOS 13.4 Beta 3 or iPadOS 13.4 Beta 3 updates.
- Click on Download & Install the latest beta update on your device. It can take time according to the internet connection you have.
If you have an IPSW file for the latest update then you can use iTunes or Finder to manually install the update. But there is one issue in Beta 3 that you need to first install Beta 2 in case you want to install it using an image file. That’s all in the iOS 13.4 & iPadOS 13.4 Beta 3 update. In case if you have any questions on your mind, let us know in the comment section.