watchOS 9 developer beta 5 is out! As always, the update goes live for the developers first, the public beta will be released in a day or two. Apart from the watchOS 9, Apple kicked off a new beta of iOS 16, iPadOS beta, macOS Ventura, and tvOS 16. The latest iOS 16 beta build brings battery percentage to the iPhone, let’s take a look at what’s new coming with the watchOS 9 beta 5 update.
The new version of watchOS comes after two weeks after the release of the fourth developer beta update. Apple plants the latest software with the 20R5343e software version on the Apple Watch. It weighs around 602MB in size, slightly smaller than the previous beta build. As I said earlier, the update is available for the developers, if you’re a registered Apple Developer, then you can install it on your Apple Watch.
The update is available for Apple Watch Series 4 and newer models. Talking about the features and changes, then the new build brings fixes to the third-party complications disappearing issue after restarting the watch, apart from that there’s an updated workout app and other features. You can also expect system-wide performance upgrades with the new beta on your watch. Now let’s take a look at how you can install it on your watch.
watchOS 9 Developer Beta 5 Update
If your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest version of iOS 16 or iPadOS 16 developer beta, then you can easily sideload the update on your Watch.
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 9 beta 5 available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 9 beta 5 profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 16.
How to install watchOS 9 Dev Beta 5 Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on Install.
- That’s it.
Now the watchOS 9 dev beta 5 update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
You May Also Like – 20 Cool Wallpapers for iPhone – YMWC 7
If you’ve any query, let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: