Two weeks ago, Apple originally released the first beta of watchOS 8 with a whole lot of new features and changes. Now the company has pushed a new watchOS 8 build, dubbed as the watchOS 8 Beta 2. The incremental update comes with a number of new improvements, it also enables the Portrait Watch Face on the Apple Watch. Here you can check everything about watchOS 8 Beta 2 Update.
Apple plants the second developer beta of watchOS 8 with 19R5286f build number. The incremental patch measures around 470MB in size for downloading. It does not require much data for sideloading the newer build. The update is available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later models. If you’re a developer, then you can easily upgrade your Apple Watch to the new software.
Usually, Apple doesn’t mention the list of changes with the release of developer beta builds, and the company follows same with watchOS 8 Beta 2 as well. However, the update brings Portrait Watch Face along with various system enhancements. Obviously, you can also use the other essential features of watchOS 8 after sideloading the second beta build of new Apple Watch OS. Now let’s take a look at the steps on how to install watchOS 8 beta 2 on Apple Watch.
watchOS 8 Dev Beta 2 Update
If you want to get access of the watchOS 8’s latest beta, then make sure that your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest dev beta (iOS 15 beta 2 / iPadOS 15 beta 2). If your device is running on the latest software, then you can easily sideload the new software on your Apple Watch.
- At first, you need to login to Apple Developer Program website.
- Then, head over to the downloads.
- Tap on watchOS 8 beta 2 available under featured downloads. Then tap on the download button.
- Now install watchOS 8 beta 2 profile on your iPhone, then authorize the profile by going to Settings > General > Profiles.
- Now restart your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites, that you can check before installing it on your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connected to the charger.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 15.
How to install watchOS 8 Developer Beta 2 Update
- At first, open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch.
- Then click on General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap on Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, tap on install.
Now the watchOS 8 developer beta 2 update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
You May Also Like – Download Windows 11 Wallpapers [4K Resolution]
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: